Plague of Insects with infinite duration

PsychoBlonde

Question

So, apparently Ogre Druids can cast a plague of insects that lasts FOREVER, even 5+ minutes after they are dead, that will inevitably kill everyone in your party afflicted by it.

YAY.

That's a sarcastic yay, btw.  Thank goodness I'm playing on normal and my characters get up again after "dying".  Don't appreciate being forced to waste a camping supplies because the duration on this spell is broke, though.

Grand Rhetorist of the Obsidian Order

If you appeal to "realism" about a video game feature, you are wrong. Go back and try again.

6 answers to this question

If you remove the afflicted characters from your party it also removes the debuff(a ****ty temporary workaround). So, the only character that gets permanently hit by it is the player character. Hopefully you don't need concentration. Usually, after changing screens the damage seems to stop pulsing, if that is of any comfort to anyone. 

I "fixed" it by saving/loading the game (might need to actually exit the game). However, the stat screen is still showing the -20 concentration debuffs and raw damage even if the spell is not in effect. 

I was able to change this by ending another fight while having the "Suppress" priest spell going.  The - Conc still stays on my profile, but now shows "suppressed" like when you have conflicting stat buffing items

Yeah, I actually have two instances of suppressed -20 conc and a single unsuppressed one as well as the raw damage status effect (but I'm not actually taking damage). It's like a vestigial UI bug. I'm pretty sure none of those are actually taking effect (suppressed or otherwise). 

Edited by Jean-Luc