Quicksaving freezes game for 2-3 seconds every time

Jazriel

Question

As the title says. Quicksaving now freezes my game for 2-3 seconds. I can't remember exactly but I'm fairly sure it didn't do this before. Also during the freeze, it will still track map movement inputs (arrow keys) so if I quicksave and then press some arrows, the map will go to the end in that direction.

Also why can't I double-tap 'Select All' and have the camera recenter on my party? Having to double-tap 1 and then press my Select All button is kind of annoying since it didn't do that in BG1/2.

1 answer to this question

As the title says. Quicksaving now freezes my game for 2-3 seconds. I can't remember exactly but I'm fairly sure it didn't do this before. Also during the freeze, it will still track map movement inputs (arrow keys) so if I quicksave and then press some arrows, the map will go to the end in that direction.

Also why can't I double-tap 'Select All' and have the camera recenter on my party? Having to double-tap 1 and then press my Select All button is kind of annoying since it didn't do that in BG1/2.

I have more serious problem  - every time I press Quicksave button game crashes to desktop after 2-3 sec freeze. Then Quicksave file is available for load but still its very sad(