Will the manual be updated?

With the manual 'released' now, the contents are not correct and based on older version of the beta.

I know there is a manual errata.

But I was wondering, will Obsidian update the manual (.pdf) with correct information at some point?

And how about for possible future patches with change of mechanics?

Or is this version just IT?

It could, but manual is not meant to be updated. Many people probably already downloaded the manual as a PDF

If you want updated information, you would use the Wikis:

Gamepedia

Orcz

Anyway I'd rather the devs work on patches and bugs and stuff rather than having to keep the manual up to date

Join the Orcz and help scribe everything that goes on in the world of Pillars of Eternity!

The Unofficial Pillars of Eternity Wiki

I realise it is probably not meant to be updated, it just would have been cool...

Since they will update a manual errata page, I thought it isnt such a big difference to keep a .pdf file updated as well.

Gamepedia could be a good source yes, but its not really updated yet, however that will hopefully change from tomorrow.

It could, but manual is not meant to be updated. Many people probably already downloaded the manual as a PDF

If you want updated information, you would use the Wikis:

Gamepedia

Orcz

Anyway I'd rather the devs work on patches and bugs and stuff rather than having to keep the manual up to date

Those are also pretty bad. 

But, once the game comes out, the cyclopedia within the game is a better place to go than the manual. Or the wikis for the time being.

Personally, I think the manual was just a sop to reassure people during the kickstarter that they were properly old school.  From what people are saying the information in the manual is from 3 or 4 beta builds back.