Human's racial bonus is actually useful on hard+!

on normal- is next to useless.

I see the dreams so marvelously sad

The creeks of land so solid and encrusted

Where wave and tide against the shore is busted

While chanting by the moonlit twilight's bed

trees (of Twin Elms) could use more of Magran's touch © Durance

I disagree, I think it is always useless. The buff is short and insubstantial. The only racials I'd choose are -

Coastal Aumaua: Prone/Stun resist - Great most of the time. +2 Might is nice too.

Dwarf: Poison/Disease - it's okay, hard to gauge how many fights will involve these but there's a fair amount in the BB content. +2 Might is nice too.

Wood Elf: Decent bonus for ranged characters, I like Wood Elf for Cipher.

Pale Elf: Burn/Freeze resist - similar situation to Dwarf. I don't care for Per/Dex bonus though. They should get +Int as it does claim they're intelligent in the racial description.

Hearth Orlan: Will be good even after it's fixed probably.

Death Godlike: Good for offensive AoE casters, only race with +Int and the damage bonus vs. sub-15% endurance is nice.

In most cases I'd take a single extra attribute over any racial bonus. The main exception is Aumaua, I love the Prone/Stun resist for front-line fighters.

Edited by Odd Hermit

I agree on the duration, it should be at least 30 seconds

I see the dreams so marvelously sad

The creeks of land so solid and encrusted

Where wave and tide against the shore is busted

While chanting by the moonlit twilight's bed

trees (of Twin Elms) could use more of Magran's touch © Durance

I disagree, I think it is always useless. The buff is short and insubstantial.

What the heck are you guys doing that 20 seconds worth of base time isn't enough to help swing fights? Fighting Spirit isn't head and shoulders over other racials, but it's pretty nice on monks since they can serve as tanky dps who can convert incoming damage into crowd control, so getting knocked down to half health often doesn't necessarily mean they have to retreat to the back lines.

And seriously, you think the dwarf bonus is better? Really, guy? Really?

Edited by Whipstitch

What the heck are you guys doing that 20 seconds worth of base time isn't enough to help swing fights? Fighting Spirit isn't head and shoulders over other racials, but it's pretty nice on monks since they can serve as tanky dps who can convert incoming damage into crowd control, so getting knocked down to half health often doesn't necessarily mean they have to retreat to the back lines.

Is it 20 seconds now? It's still listed as 5 seconds on the wiki.

That said, most of my melee rarely get down to 50% endurance, and I'd rather have something making it less likely for that to happen than something that requires it happen.

Is it 20 seconds now? It's still listed as 5 seconds on the wiki.

That said, most of my melee rarely get down to 50% endurance, and I'd rather have something making it less likely for that to happen than something that requires it happen.

The wiki is worthless.

"Good thing I don't heal my characters or they'd be really hurt." Is not something I should ever be thinking.

I use blue text when I'm being sarcastic.

Fighting Spirit isn't bad, but it would be nice if it proc'd at higher health values or something, because you may not actually get dropped below 50% very often in you're not in the thick ofi t.

Well, that and 20 seconds doesn't count for much if you're only conscious for less than half of it. Like I said, I'd rather put it on a tanky dps frontliner/offtank than a wizard or rogue. Still, the utility of the other racials is marginal enough that I see value in one that gives a disproportionate bonus in fights that I actually have a chance of losing.

Edited by Whipstitch