Your attempts to ridicule romance mean nothing. Romance has it own shelf full of books, but for purposes of other media it's accepted to shorten romance to "emotional attraction towards another person" and all it implies. How that goes in terms of story-telling, reactions of other people, etc. is entirely another matter. Having said this much I doubt it's reasonable to say anything more. Especially to a person who behaves like a troll, so I will say nothing else to you.

I'm not ridiculing romance (although there's plenty of valid reasons to ridicule ANY video game romance), I AM ridiculing the absurd definitions of video game romances we've seen on this thread. Planescape Torment itself mocked the very notion of romance at every turn (how else do you explain the fact that the two female companions are both Demons.... and Ravel herself is a fiend from the gray wastes....and the entire prologue, which sees you and Morte talking to zombies and asking them: 'so.....doing anything later'?) Edited by Stun

It would be interesting to do a study on people who enjoy romance in a given media and how that relates to their own mental state/position in life. Are people who are depressed and lonely more likely to seek out artificial romance or to shun it? Are people on the autism spectrum more likely to enjoy romances because its a simplified version of something they might struggle with in real life or would they dislike it purely for the emotional aspect? Do single people or people in relationships like romances more? Did that kid from school's uncle really work at Nintendo? Did he really have sex with 100 chicks when he was on holiday? If a woodchuck could chuck wood, would chuck wood and should chuck wood, how much wood would a wood chuck chuck?

• Like 1

I'm not ridiculing romance (although there's plenty of valid reasons to ridicule ANY video game romance), I AM ridiculing the absurd definitions of video game romances we've seen on this thread. Planescape Torment itself mocked the very notion of romance at every turn (how else do you explain the fact that the two female companions are both Demons.... and Ravel herself is a fiend from the gray wastes....and the entire prologue, which sees you and Morte talking to zombies and asking them: 'so.....doing anything later'?)

Given the kind of universe - for the lack of better term - in which Planescape: Torment takes place I don't find it that much significant as you do.

Since you're the one bringing up Planescape: Torment and relationships I will leave this here: click. Make of this what you will.

Edited by Kal Adan

Please discuss the topic, rather than the posters - I see a little too much implied hostility towards disagreeing parties. Also closing this thread and staring anew here, sans derailment.

Fortune favors the bald.