are magic users gonna stomp all over all other builds?

magic is problematic if you have spell progression similar to the ie games.  by the end of poe, our spell casters will have access to up-to six levels o' spells.  each spell caster class will have access to many spells.  many is always difficult from a balance pov. it is likely that most spells our druid or mage or cipher have access to will be useful, but there is gonna be some spells that is over-powered and more than a few spells that is situationally over-kill. you want dozens or hundreds o' spells to choose from?  well then, you is gonna make casters powerful, 'cause the more complex you make a system, the more opportunities you create for potential breakage. not only is the individual spells potential broken, but their synergy with other spells and abilities from other classes creates opportunities for exploitation. 

our rogue will focus on a single weapon and will have a limited number o' abilities and talents that make us better with that weapon.  compare the total number o' abilities a rogue will have access to by level 11 or 12 compared to the spell catalog o' a similar level'd druid or wizard. 

HA! Good Fun!

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

Hmm... the premise is that in BG and IWD magic users stomped over other classes and I already disagree with that,

I don't know yet how strong will be high level magic users in PoE, but I soloed BG and IWD with a Fighter. It's matter of finding a good build and use magical gear to cover for weaknesses.