[434] [435?] all text is missing

virgi26

Question

434 version, linux client (opensuse 13.2)

ablsolutely all text is just "Missing gui" + some random number

steps to reproduce: launch the game

PS: i've looked into logs and found many messages like this:

(Filename: C:/BuildAgent/work/d63dfc6385190b60/artifacts/StandalonePlayerGenerated/UnityEngineDebug.cpp Line: 49)
Failed to load Z:/Builds/daily/435/beta/win/PillarsOfEternity_Data\data_expansion1/localized/en/text/game/gui.stringtable.

post-50534-0-16615100-1423042454_thumb.png

Edited by virgi26

11 answers to this question

It's worth keeping in mind that they accidentally uploaded the wrong build (434) and that this might be fixed in 435 which should be uploaded for Linux and Mac this morning.

that's what i thought.

also path in log file links to 435 dir

Z:/Builds/daily/435... (although i'm confused why are the paths windows like)

so, it probably will get fixed in 435

we'll see =)

Edited by virgi26

I'm also getting this in 435. Game Cache verified.

Arch Linux, 64bit.

Seeing the same things in output_log.txt as well:

Checking to instantiate global...
(Filename: C:/BuildAgent/work/d63dfc6385190b60/artifacts/StandalonePlayerGenerated/UnityEngineDebug.cpp Line: 49)
Instantiating global.
Failed to load Z:/Builds/daily/435/beta/win/PillarsOfEternity_Data\data_expansion1/localized/en/text/game/gui.stringtable.
Failed to load Z:/Builds/daily/435/beta/win/PillarsOfEternity_Data\data_expansion1/localized/en/text/game/characters.stringtable.
Failed to load Z:/Builds/daily/435/beta/win/PillarsOfEternity_Data\data_expansion1/localized/en/text/game/items.stringtable.
Failed to load Z:/Builds/daily/435/beta/win/PillarsOfEternity_Data\data_expansion1/localized/en/text/game/abilities.stringtable.
Edited by kujeger

I'm discovering now that Verify Game Cache does not check the case of files and folders.

I've had the game data downloaded since way back, so it's possible this is an artefact of that and that a complete new download would work fine.

edit: I'm doing a complete redownload now, no telling what kinds of issues will crop up because of wrong casing.

Edited by kujeger

I'm discovering now that Verify Game Cache does not check the case of files and folders.

I've had the game data downloaded since way back, so it's possible this is an artefact of that and that a complete new download would work fine.

edit: I'm doing a complete redownload now, no telling what kinds of issues will crop up because of wrong casing.

Just finished a complete redownload, and everything works out of the box!

good! thanks! gonna try it

that helped! thanks again! =)