Sign in to follow this  
number5

Missing gui texts for all menu items (Mac/Steam)

Question

9 answers to this question

You might all have solved this but I'll document my solution just in case:

the solution: Inside steamapps/common/Pillars of Eternity/PillarsOfEternity.app/Contents symlink Data to data, it needs both to work (facepalm)

You might all have solved this but I'll document my solution just in case:

the solution: Inside steamapps/common/Pillars of Eternity/PillarsOfEternity.app/Contents symlink Data to data, it needs both to work (facepalm)

Thanks, that solved the problem. Looks like Obsidian didn't test PoE with case sensitive file systems.  :banghead:

What is the exact command line to run to fix this?

ln -s ../Data data

or something

I can't figure this out.

thanks.

Well, instead I fixed it by:

Removing from the alternative drive I installed it on, and installed it to the root drive.

I just have this problem, installed from the App Store, seems like what might have caused it was I had an SDXC card inserted, but it seems to have gotten corrupted/unmounted while I had the game open. Was the game storing temporary files on it?? Mac OS 10.9.5

Coincidentally does anyone know where the games saves are stored if I wanted to back them up and I'm not using time machine?

I just have this problem, installed from the App Store, seems like what might have caused it was I had an SDXC card inserted, but it seems to have gotten corrupted/unmounted while I had the game open. Was the game storing temporary files on it?? Mac OS 10.9.5

Coincidentally does anyone know where the games saves are stored if I wanted to back them up and I'm not using time machine?

See here: http://forums.obsidian.net/topic/72439-must-read-how-to-report-an-issue/

Mac Location: ~/Library/Application Support/Pillars of Eternity/Saved Games