Hello everyone! 

I wanted to share my fanfiction in PoE world. I wrote six chapters, but seventh (the last) is being written now and should be finished in 2015 (purpose is until PoE hits). Despite English isn't my native language, I decided to translate my story (it's always better than Google Translator  :) ), but I would be grateful for correction by somebody, who likes removing grammar errors, etc. (PM me then). Still I hope that general meaning of the story is clear, it was hard work, but I had fun too.

I used game lore, naturally for story, so there may be some "spoilers" (but I don't know it is a good word). I would say that there is nothing new what you can see on wiki and in beta. However there are some my "inventions", but I tried to be so close to the lore as possible.

Action takes place in Readceras. Main character is a Godlike, who was raised in temple of Eothas. One day he is offered joining to paladin order (Fellows of St. Waidwen Martyr). Soon after that he gets involved in Eothasian-Magranic conflict with enigmatic animancy in the background, when he sees series of mysterious abuctions...

I warn about some "strong moments" in the story (vulgar language, sexual themes, etc.)

OK, here is link. I hope you will enjoy it and maybe be inspired to write your own story. Nice reading!

Between light & fire

• Like 3

• 1 month later...

Aren't you afraid the realeased game could contradict some of your writting?

No, it's more like playing with setting than something 'official' (that's why I didn't want to take its action in Dyrwood, of course future games can happen everywhere). In addition I tried to choose such themes in my story which weren't explored so much, but I know some of them (like animancy) will be in PoE. There is a reason I chose first-person narrative, it makes story more subjective, because it is told from point of view of a main character (with small exceptions in one of the chapters). I'm also lore-eater person, who likes watching over setting coherence with my own creativity, so I think it won't be so tragic after release. 

Edited by White Phoenix
  • Like 1

Aren't you afraid the realeased game could contradict some of your writting?

I find that some of the best fan works are written before anything official is actually released. People can think up some pretty interesting story lines and lore of their own. When they are given only a small amount of official information.

• Like 1

Break beneath the endless tide - monk