On selection circles and occlusion

Hi,

quick question for the devs: Is it possible to bring back per-pixel occlusion on selection circles in the form of a toggable option?

I understand the reason why it was removed, as occlusion hid selection circles underneath tall grass, spell fx, etc. and that was absolutely a legitimate concern.

However, there are places where having selection circles on top of everything else looks kinda funky, like in this caption I took from Shevek's youtube playthrough of the the backer beta:

post-46949-0-32720100-1418554317_thumb.jpg

Plus I like the idea of selection circles rippling underwater :)

That said, I do realize this is super minor and I do not advocate that much time be spent on it, if at all. If it is something that can be easily and quickly turned into a toggable option, that would be rad. If not, that's also totally kewl.

Edited by AndreaColombo

"Time is not your enemy. Forever is."

— Fall-From-Grace, Planescape: Torment

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

— Kvothe, The Wise Man's Fears

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

Personally, I'm a fan of the BG (EE one, I don't know if the original did this) coloured circles for each team member (based on your primary colour). it makes it easier - for me at least - to tell which of my characters are which. Although with the current contrast issues with the background I'm not sure that is a good idea yet.

My Blind Journey through the Beta. Join my transgender Paladin as I struggle to get to grips with the game and its mechanics. Well, I never said my first journey into an isometric RPG would be smooth, now did I?

My Adventure through Baldur's Gate. Inspired by my play of PoE, I decide to pick up a much fabled game of the genre. Join Solana as I delve into this world of weird, wonderful and annoying people.

Personally, I'm a fan of the BG (EE one, I don't know if the original did this) coloured circles for each team member (based on your primary colour). it makes it easier - for me at least - to tell which of my characters are which. Although with the current contrast issues with the background I'm not sure that is a good idea yet.

I second this one :)

Although with the current contrast issues with the background I'm not sure that is a good idea yet.

I recall there being issues with characters that were almost transparent in the first few builds of the backer beta but that doesn't seem to be the case any longer. What issues are left with contrast? Things look pretty good to me now.

"Time is not your enemy. Forever is."

— Fall-From-Grace, Planescape: Torment

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

— Kvothe, The Wise Man's Fears

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus