[364] Bugs with Slicken, Prone, Disengagement, etc... all in 15 seconds span

Bester

Question

2 answers to this question

Oh, and I also kind of disliked the fact that when slicken is applied, a sound effect is played for every npc that the spell is applied to, so this produces a situation where you can hear the same sound being played at the same time 5 times. And it sounds bad. I'm not sure if you intended it to be so or not, so not sure if it's a bug.

IE Mod for Pillars of Eternity: link

I was able to reproduce this issue and I've noticed there are multiple bugs at work here

• VFX Attaches itself to each unit hit by the spell
  • SFX Loops at least once for each character hit
  • Units do not get up from prone and slide across the ground unless something triggers it, like targeting another character as seen at the end of the video
  • Units can engage other units while moving
  • Units can score disengagement attacks while moving (I already knew about these two, but I've been saving them for my Engagement thread)
  • Player commands to party member are overrided by auto-attack clauses which should not be there - related thread
  • VFX is too over the top - video of Grease in BG1 for inspiration of how to do RTS style Spell FX that do not clutter the screen

There does not need to be a massive splash of black all over the screen, just needs to be some grease on the ground and that's it. The per-unit FX should have NO Z-AXIS at all

Edited by Sensuki