Forum functionality

Sheikh

Suprisingly this is the forum I need to post it on.

1. How do I put someones quote into a post I already made, but am trying to edit? It seems there is no good way of doing this.

2. Emoticons and moreover their layout through which you can add them is poor. The emoticons would need to be better organized first of all - starting from the mst basic emoticons and grouping emoticons of the same and similar style together. Also it would be easier to find the correct emoticon if you could choose them from a table, not a bar.

Quote them so it appears at the bottom of the page, copy paste that and then insert it into your edit.

alternatively add "quote" and "/quote" in brackets [ ] to create a quote, which will however not link to a post.

And it will look like this

Fortune favors the bald.

Not sure if I understand you correctly, but lets say I start writing a post and decide after i begin writing, that I want to quote what you wrote above, if Feeling lazy, I'll open a new tab, cut and paste the URL and hit the Quote button. That gives me the text

[quote name="Sheikh" post="1530380" timestamp="1414750718"]
Suprisingly this is the forum I need to post it on.

1. How do I put someones quote into a post I already made, but am trying to edit? It seems there is no good way of doing this.

2. Emoticons and moreover their layout through which you can add them is poor. The emoticons would need to be better organized first of all - starting from the mst basic emoticons and grouping emoticons of the same and similar style together. Also it would be easier to find the correct emoticon if you could choose them from a table, not a bar.[/quote]
Then I just cut and paste those parts I need, say first, last and a bullet Point 1.

[quote name="Sheikh" post="1530380" timestamp="1414750718"]
[/quote]
If doing "complex" multi quoting, I tend to rely on Notepad, quoting each post and cut and pasting what i want to Notepad first. Then insert snippets from there as a write.

Never liked the Wysiwyg Interface, but then I grew up with vi.

...which is also why I never bother with the visual mode and just type the text code for the Smileys

:)
Alternatively, you can Quote "Volourn" style which is a simpler cut and paste style:

"1. How do I put someones quote into a post I already made, but am trying to edit? It seems there is no good way of doing this.

2. Emoticons and moreover their layout through which you can add them is poor. The emoticons would need to be better organized first of all - starting from the mst basic emoticons and grouping emoticons of the same and similar style together. Also it would be easier to find the correct emoticon if you could choose them from a table, not a bar."

No. Deal with it.

R00fles.

---

Personally, I prefer my own approach. I'm sure if you ask 30 different People you'll get 30 different preferences :)

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

I still don't understand why when you enable visible BBCode Mode, all the buttons are disabled. Other forums that are not this forum seem to be able to have the regular buttons enabled just fine when the BBCode text is actually visible. I hate non-visible BBCode Mode.

Edited by Bartimaeus

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

In my dreams, I am not crippled. In my dreams, I dance.

Quote them so it appears at the bottom of the page, copy paste that and then insert it into your edit.

alternatively add "quote" and "/quote" in brackets [ ] to create a quote, which will however not link to a post.

And it will look like this

I cant actually edit anything in "bbcode mode" thats the button on the upper left corner. Thats the core of my gripe in the first place.

Edited by Sheikh