Suggestion UI: Improved Action & Recovery Indicators

Curry, your mock-up is gold. That said, there is no reason we shouldn't be able to move UI elements around as we wish. I know it probably won't happen, but it'd be nice. The side UI you mocked up is far superior to the current bottom UI though.

Yeah, being able to move the UI would be great, but they really should have thought this out before implementing the whole horizontal UI...the combat feedback mess is a direct result of not having design flexibility with the horizontal layout.  

Yeah, I was on the old UI threads...?  I've been against this type of UI since the beginning and was one of the first posters to put up a BG2 style alternative.  This is as much an, 'i told you so' moment towards Obsidian and the posters on this board who  thought the horizontal UI would be just peachy.  I stated once before (I forget which thread) that I deal with User Experience in a lot of my projects, so evaluating these types of issues is eazy peazy for me.  I usually know where user systems are going to fall apart, and in this type of game, it's in complexity and feedback.  I posted as much in one of the UI debates this over a year ago.

i like the idea from Curryinahurry and i would arrange the portraits vertically on the left side, then move the big circle with the 12 pics under the portraits to the left bottom corner. The big circle would be fit in the corner itself with the 12 pics surrounding it in an arc. With gained space at the bottom I would move the action bar to the left, under it I would put the 16 inventory slots as well as the quick slots and/or one of the weapon sets slots. The combat log would remain on the right bottom where it is now.

Edited by 4ward