[301] NPCs stay hostile after reload

Quadrone

Question

Didn't see this reported so far and couldn't find an old report of this either, so here it is:

[Description of the issue]

Combat encounter is going bad and I decide to reload while the battle is still going on.

Once the game has loaded I am getting attacked instantly even though at this point I never had attacked the NPCs.

This persists even to older saves, not only the most recent one.

Example:

1) Walk up to Merdeth and his group.

2) Save.

3) Talk to Merdeth and initiate combat afterwards.

4) Reload a previous save.

5) Merdeth and his group are now hostile from the start.

[Expected behaviour]

Reload resets everything to the state it was at the time at which you saved.

• Like 1

4 answers to this question

Guys tried cleaning up the folder in %USERNAME\AppData\LocalLow\Obsidian Entertainment\Pillars of Eternity\CurrentGame?

Might be some left over from previous scene even though new one is loaded.

Sensuki:

Zoning won't clear anything, I tried it by modding out the combat lockout restrictions in previous build so I could zone anytime. Basically seems like scenes are hard saved in the exact state you leave them at, and when you zone back in, it just loads that exact state, carbon copy. Means everything will be EXACTLY where you left them.

Might be why they disabled combat zoning but might be related to Unity itself and how it handles scenes.

Hi folks, 

Thank you for the report and the screenshots. We are aware of this issue and working to resolve it. I have added this to the known issues list and linked the thread in case others happen upon it as well. In the meantime, you should be able to close the client and load the same save file without remaining in combat or NPC aggression persisting.

Thank you for the tremendous support!  :thumbsup:

Hi, I have this issue in Raedrics hold sanctuary and nothing I do seems to fix it, including reloading (much) earlier saves and exiting and reentering the game. I hope this hasn't done any permanent damage to my saves, really enjoying the game so far.cheers.