Sith Lords Plot Points based on Info and Updates

:lol: Did you read the story or not. <_<  :p

the first part yes(really good :);) ) but after that the way he did them confused me. :lol: so after that no.

:huh: Why did they confuse u?

that the differnt colors and i didnt want to read that much and i didnt reply for a wile becase i was reading them(they were vary good :) )

:lol: Did you read the story or not. <_<  :p

the first part yes(really good :);) ) but after that the way he did them confused me. :lol: so after that no.

:huh: Why did they confuse u?

that the differnt colors and i didnt reply for a wile becase i was reading them(they were vary good :) )

It is simple, orange was Vangelis, yellow was Vandar and blue was a force spirit. There is a pattern there since all the force spirits usually took turns when they were talking. :)

• 2 months later...

Between life and work I had to drop the rest of the story speculation for awhile. The company I work for is outsourcing(the term they are using is "job migration") and the rotten bastards are going to be letting people go by years end. Though I don't think my job is threatened I've been busy in my spare time sending out resumes and doing alot of interviews and attending job fairs just in case I get a pink surprise with my year end employment check. Better safe then sorry. Those of us that remain will most certainly be getting a pay cut or losing benefits in one way or another. There are jobs out there, but they are significantly lower than what I'm earning now. Basically, the jobs in the US economic recovery is great if you don't mind managing a bunch of kids flipping burgers or retailing in a dept store.

What's even more ironic is that even as we all wait for the release of KOTOR:TSL, Lucas Arts sent it's employees a notice telling them that they will be getting no bonus this year. Take a look:

Folks,

As you know, we have just completed the annual appraisal process along with the allocation of merit increases. Along the way, members of the senior staff, in a responsible and commendable act, recommended to me, given the financial situation of the company, that there be no bonuses distributed this year. I'm writing to let you know that, regrettably, I agree with their recommendation and have made the decision that there will be no bonuses distributed this year for the entire company. I know this is disappointing news, but it's what we need to do.

In the eight or so weeks since I've been here, I've met and talked with many of you. And I'm going to get to all of you, believe me. But you need to know that I'm encouraged, amazed and inspired by the continued commitment and desire of everyone in this company to make LucasArts a better place. A place where we will make insanely great games that are the right insanely great games for the marketplace. Insanely great games that will sell to a broad consumer audience launch when they're supposed to and, at the end of the day, yield a profit for the entire company. Insanely great games that will restore the luster to the LucasArts logo so that when we, and our consumers, see it on our packaging and on our games, we'll all know that the Gold Guy is once again the mark of leading edge innovation, creativity and amazing fun.

But, unfortunately, we're not there yet. And as I look ahead, I realize we have some very tough challenges in all areas of our business. Our performance, qualitatively, strategically and financially, just isn't there. One of the primary consequences of this lack of performance is that we have to make some tough decisions, like this one, to get back on track.

As many of you know, we have undertaken a critical analysis of our company, our industry, our competitors and our consumers in order to develop a strategic plan that will allow us to make those insanely great games and deliver a level of profitability. I will be coming to you in the Fall time-frame with that plan. In the meantime we have critical milestones to achieve for each and every one of our games that are currently in development. All of us, together, must now take a stand, dig in, focus and commit to doing everything humanly possible to make these games a success. Take a step back and question the norm. Challenge the status quo. Satisfy yourself that we are making the greatest games possible, meeting our deadlines and doing so in the most cost-effective way.

And realize that each and every one of you IS a member of the team. You have a duty and a responsibility to speak up if you're dissatisfied with quality, timing or fiscal responsibility. I encourage you, and demand of you, that you take an active role in pushing our own envelope. I promise, you will be listened to. But once you are heard, do something about it. Make a difference. Effect change. Make Battlefront, Galaxies, KOTOR II, Mercenaries, Republic Commando and the Episode III games the best that they can be.

Again, I know the lack of bonuses this year is disappointing news. It's simply what must be done. But you have my commitment, my desire and my devotion to make LucasArts the most creative, innovative and insanely great interactive entertainment company in the industry. I hope I can count on you to do the same.

Thanks,

Jim Ward

What can I say? It's beginning to look alot like Christmas. Anywho, enough of my personal bitching about jobs and pay cuts.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well with the official site up and running I was sort of hoping that some new game info would have come out that would back up my Coruscant Speculation, but it looks like Korriban and Nar Sharra may have taken the last spots. Also there are some things that don't add up to what we have been told in here by developers or read in various gaming sites and publications. I'm not complaining, but I hope that we haven't been mislead too much to protect the game's main plot.

The new Zabrak character will be cool if he's Jedi trainable. The Zabrak in certain screenshots has a melee weapon in his hand so he may not be a Jedi or perhaps waits for training.

There is hint that one of the Sith Lords will be a woman. This played into some of my own speculation, so I was only to glad to see that bit on news.

Since it's looking more and more like my Coruscant speculation will remain just that, I thought I would stop waiting and just finish this up in a few parts over the next week and be done with it. I didn't expect the same plot and sub-plots, but I would have liked Coruscant to have been in the game. Well, you can't have everything can you?

Some of you have stated awhile back that you don't like the direction that some of this is going. I understand, but there isn't a heck of alot to base this speculation on.

Character development can be very tricky in any franchise format, but when you don't have sufficient information you have to do alot of guessing. Even though for the most part character development functions as a sub plot, it still has to flow in the same direction as the main story arc.

So this time I re-wrote everything I had speculated on from the SITH perspective. Maybe some of you found the Lightside boring. It's taking me awhile to re-write it from the darkside angle, but I'm picking up where I left off, the events are just switched around to give the Sith's take on things.

Since all Dark Lords of the Sitb are basically two dimensional characters and Sion so far seems like the typical MUHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA villan, I thought I would try to introduce a character with many layers. Someone who is clearly twisted, but at the same time intelligent and witty and still in keeping with the classic cold-hearted Dark Lord image. I'm sure I'm not the only one who's bored with the typical "Darths" who seem to have mind sets on the level of grade school bullies.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

CONTINUED SPECULATION

On Korriban, in the living, breathing darkness of THE DARK LORD'S sanctum, kneeled the Sith Assassin Bastilla. Her eyes flared fiercely with yellow fire under the shadow of the hood of her cloak.

Before her stood.............NIHILUS, MASTER OF THE SITH, THE DARK LORD. He really didn't need a name, or a title for that matter. He was..... what he was. To her his name added unnecessary pretention, or even insult. No name in Basic was subtible for him, and if she were to give him a name it would have to be feelings rather than words, or perhaps expressions. He was INTIMIDATION, DEATH, WRATH, and POWER.....RAW POWER.

Unmatched, unchecked.

Bastilla had to summon the courage to raise her head and face her Master. Reigning back her fear, she meet her Master's face in an intense gaze.

With her eyes locked in that gaze, she was suprised to find herself yet again stunned by the "person" she called Master. As always he seemed incontestable, un-approachable, impenetrable. His eyes piercing through hollow sockets of bone, ablazed with furious cunning and burning intelligence, watching her with deep curious interest. The gaze spied behind a skeletal mask of unimaginable malevolence. Two streaks of dark blood halved by a fine ornament of metal that was fastened to the hood of his dark robes. Though she had never inquired who the skull once belonged to, she could only imagine that it came from an "unwilling party"

With long dark robes his appearence was that of a Reaper, which only complimented his surroundings as the sanctum was in fact a tomb. Tall, massive and rising better than 7ft, the Dark Lord was a giant of a man. If a man is what he could be called. Bastilla had never sensed any "humanity" in him, just great power firmly rooted in darkness. His movements were effortless and graceful, but like that of a wild predatory beast, not human at all. Forever stalking. And she never saw his feet touch the ground. His robes were long but never dragged the floor. It was as if his robes were animated with some intelligence of their own. They ebbed and swayed when there was no air to guide them. They whipped around and behind him when he moved, giving the illusion of gliding instead of walking. Finally, he had a dark aura about him, like a lamp that shed darkness rather than light.

Bastilla had come to know Lord Nihilus over the years. Despite his awesome presense he was nothing like what a Master of the Sith was supposed to be. He always spoke in an even tone. He never threatened or engaged in loud outbursts. He never boasted of his own power, he didn't need to. Those who called him Master followed him with unquestionable loyalty.

He was a fountain of knowledge that she was encouraged to drink from at will. When a question was asked, it was answered with patient and exhaustive detail. His manner could almost be seen as "fatherly"....almost. And though twisted, The Dark Lord even displayed a sense of humor from time to time. All of these things only made him more mysterious to Bastilla, and she wondered if she would ever understand who the Dark Lord really was.

Lord Nihilus had never broken her training before. Unlike her training as a Jedi, her training in the Sith way was very independent. The intense lessons and dangerous trials given by The Master required time and seclusion to be completed. This had always worked to Bastilla's benefit as her training had been a secret. She had always been aware of Sion though he knew nothing of her existance. As with many Dark Lords before him, The Master had chosen to train another apprentice in secret. There could only be a few reasons that would prompt a Dark Lord to train another while his current apprentice still lived. Treachery or failure.

Since joining the Sith, Bastilla had been a tool of The Master following the years of the Jedi Civil War. Unlike Sion and Revan before him who openly attacked the Jedi and the Republic, Bastilla operated in stealth from the shadows. Under the dark teachings of the Master her skills progressed with lethal distinction. After more than 5 years there were vacant seats in the Galactic Senate, and a private collection of Jedi lightsabers to prove Bastilla's menacing prowress.

She wasn't completely oblivious to the reasons why The Master had called her. She could feel it. In truth, all Sith could feel it. The Force. Titanic disturbances. Moving, shifting, expanding like a gathering storm. And all the elements and origins of the tempest rooted in the Light.

You summoned me Master?

Indeed I have my apprentice

Though the voice boomed with deep power it's tone was casual.

Sion has failed.

Yes Master.

There are serious consequences for his failure. Enough to compel us to bring this foolish rivalry between the other Sith Lords to an end. I want all hostilities to cease immediately. There will order among the Sith.

Of course, it will be as you command Master.

You are to take command of the First Fleet, the Sith Masters and all of their elite forces. You will then arrange a convocation between the other Sith Lords and the cabals under their control. Except no refusals to this gathering.

The Dark Lord gently lifts his hand and 3 holocrons rise from their pedestals.

Have these presented to the 3 Sith Lords. You should then have very little difficulty in assembling them.

And if there is resistance?

This insurrection among the Sith Lords has cost me time, and now will claim a great asset. I will not tolerate this any further. In truth I have allowed it for too long because it once served my purpose. It is no longer useful to me and if it continues it will indirectly aid the Jedi and the Republic. No my apprentice, this ends now. Any defiance of my will must be met with the most swift and severe punishment.

Understood Master. If I may enquire, Lord Sion........the Jedi?

Sion is of no longer a concern of ours....Lord Bastilla.

She remained expressionless but could barely control her inner excitement. She was now a Lord of the Sith, the pinnicle of the dark order. But just as quickly as her excitement had risen it had fallen. Sion's failures were greater that she first believed, and the Jedi were now clearly a greater threat because of it.

The Jedi have returned. The Force is strong with them.

The fledgling is no longer alone?

The number of Jedi does not matter. The fact that Sion could not eliminate them does.

I will not fail you Master. These Jedi will be destroyed!

The Dark Lord grinds his teeth in dissappointment.

You would not be the first one to tell that Lie Bastilla. Considering that it was once your task to find "the traitor"

Not the reaction she expected. She was more stunned than frightened by it, but it quickly made sense. Revan, Sion, who knew how many others there were? If she agreed with him that would be the same as admiting to future failure. If she disagreed she would perhaps offend the Dark Lord. Her next response would have to be carefully spoken. If she erred she knew that she wouldn't have long to regret it.

How did these others fail you Master?

The Dark Lord releases a deep breath before answering.

Where to begin? It is not so much a failure as much as it is a misunderstanding. The first and most common of these misunderstandings is that the Jedi are weak. And yet how could they be? They command the Force as we do. If the Jedi are weak then so is the Force.

Yes Master.

But do you really understand my apprentice? Like the Jedi we have our own beliefs, our own history, and our own prophesies by which we seek to explain our own existance and place in the galaxy. We have our heroes and cowards. We have our loyalists and our traitors just as the Jedi do. Over the years I have unearthed a number of ancient artifacts revealing the grand history of our order. Though there are some inconsistancies I believe these ancient sources can be trusted. That being said, the sources have forced me to come to some rather troubling conclusions about our Order. A disturbing paradox if you will.

What did you find Master?

That it is at the greatest heights of the reign of the Sith, that we are most vunerable. That it is when the Jedi stand on the brink of extinction, they are most powerful.

Bastilla is clearly disturbed by what The Master is saying.

I can see this troubles you apprentice. That is good. I have had many apprentices, none were students of caution, and I am weary. Many new students of the darkside, myself at one time included, revel in thought of wielding absolute power without understanding what it is. The power of the darkside is a strange gift my apprentice. It must first be mastered before it can fully be used. It requires patience and sacrifice, more than most are willing to surrender.

I am ready for whatever sacrifice is necessary. I will do as you command Master.

But of course you will my apprentice. For the moment you still fear death at my hand. Fear binds you to me, and when that fear has passed you will seek to overthrow me. If you do you would have earned it, but will the Sith be made stronger because of it? Will you?

Master, I don't understand. You speak of sacrifice and fear, but the code teaches us that our passions fuel our strength....

Fear is not a passion apprentice. This is what I am trying to teach you. You must control your fear before you are able to understand the sacrifice that is needed to master the darkside. You must lose your fear of all things. Even me. As a Jedi you once understand this. This is why Sion has failed. He failed to understand that the Jedi are willing to sacrifice their lives so that their Order will survive. If only the Sith could understand this as a Jedi's strength.

I do not mean to offend Master, but you sound like an...admirer.

The sanctum is suddenly filled with the Dark Lord's deep laughter.

No predator should ever have a lack of respect for it's prey, least of all the Jedi. I shouldn't have to remind you of that Lord Bastilla.

If you are refering to "the traitor", I haven't been able to locate him. I know longer can feel his presense in the Force. It is as if he.....

I know the traitor and he knows me. He knows the darkside and how to best conceal himself from it. He will be found when he wants to be found. But this isn't about him. This about you and the task that I have set before you.

He is still very dangerous Master. You would wait until he confronts you at a time of his own choosing?

Why not? What else can I do? None of us knows where he is. Shall we waste time and resources on a fruitless search for someone who knows how to hide from us? Allow the self destructive struggle between the Sith to escalate into a full blown war while the Jedi seek to rebuild their broken Order? Shall I languish in uncertainty? No my apprentice. Despite being who he is, the traitor is not the immediate danger. Master the darkside Bastilla, and you will understand that even the return of the traitor can be used to our advantage.

And if he should join the Jedi?

Despite the failures of Sion, they still lead their lives under the constant threat of death. Nothing has changed, they are still the hunted. The survivors went where we could not follow, or should not. Sion is about to learn this. He pursues the Jedi in a place where the Force is strongest for them.

Coruscant!

It matters not. The survivors cannot remain on Coruscant forever. They know that for their Order to expand they must reach out to train others strong in the Force, and that will serve our purpose. The Jedi also realize that they can run no further. Like cornered animals they will now turn and fight.

Bastilla understood the meaning behind The Master's words. Time was no more of an ally to the Sith as it was to the Jedi. The Jedi were now moving quickly to rebuild their Order and aid the Republic. Bastilla Shan the Jedi Knight once served the Republic. She once knew the determination of the Jedi Order and it's fanatical devotion to the Republic. Bastilla the Sith understood perhaps better than anyone among the Sith that even ONE Jedi Knight was one Jedi too many. That as long as the Jedi lived, conquest of the galaxy would always be just beyond the grasp of the Sith.

Bastilla knew that the traitor was always a threat that lingered on, but he was in hiding. A man tortured by a flood of his own returning memories, he didn't want to be found by the Sith or the Jedi. Bastilla remembered the quest they went on together to learn more about the true Dark Lord. She remembers how the more they learned, the more he reviled the memory of The Dark Lord, but the more she learned the more she became intrigued. As the journey went on it became more difficult to hide her interest from him and the others, the old man and Cathar.

The traitor loved her, and at one time she thought she loved him as well. But she quickly understood that the only lust she felt was one for power. If he was so powerful then imagine how powerful the Master who trained him must be. The old man and the Cathar not blinded by any emotional attachment could see more clearly that she was turning right in front of them. When they started raising concerns about her a terrible "accident" took place on the Ebon Hawk that took both their lives. The traitor knew none of it made sense, but he refused to believe the worst about her.

Next his trusty droids began to malfunction, especially the annoying protocal droid that doubled as his bodyguard and took to standing over his sleeping body after the "accident" All warnings about her from the protocal droid went ignored, and soon the droid was rendered useless in one more unexplained "accident" aboard the Ebon Hawk. The Hawk was now crippled and adrift with only it's escape pods functioning. With life support failing the two had no choice but to abandon their vessel. Bastilla suddenly turned on the traitor as the plan was to kill him and jettison his body from the Hawk. A duel ensued. The traitor refused to adequetely defend himself from her as he pathetically pleaded for her to turn from the darkside. Bastilla had beaten the traitor to the point of death, and then decided it was a better plan to take his beaten body to The Dark Lord as a gift to gain his favor. She knew where the Dark Lord was now. She had known for longest. But as she gathered supplies for the long trek through space the small repair droid saved it's master's life by dragging his body into one of the pods and sending it out in space.

As she went to her new destination in her own pod, she could only wonder if the saving of his life was an intervention by the Force. This wasn't the first time the traitor survived a near death encounter. In fact she had been the instrument of his first resurrection. Again, the Force was with him.

It was the last time she had seen of the traitor, but she knew he wasn't dead. She searched in vain for him until the Dark Lord had told her to give up on the quest. Her training with The Master had begun. She helped hunt down Jedi, murder key Senators in the Republic, and sabotage diplomatic missions. The Jedi, the woman Bastilla Shan, daughter of Helena Shan who was dead or dying somewhere in a Coruscant hospital(she no longer cared which) was gone.

She often imagined the traitor still a dying man drifting in space, still broken hearted over her turn to the darkside. That thought gave her intense pleasure and she was forced to moments of uncontrollable laughter when she lingered on it. But that was only the one half of it.

The other half was FEAR. Fear of the man who killed the galaxy's most feared bounty hunter, killed Darth Bandon, cleansed the Sith Academy single handedly before running a dangerous gauntlet of Sith on the Star Forge, overpowering her and then finally in a contest that ended in the destruction of Malak and the Star Forge. She had witnessed these things herself. If one thought gave her pleasure, the other thought was sending chills through her spine. As if she could at times feel the traitor pacing back and forth on a grave dug just for her. He was just waiting for her to lay down in it.

Then there was the Force. It seemed to be screaming in rebellion against the Sith as of late. The disturbances were powerful and constant. Something was happening and it all centered around the Jedi. If the traitor still lived and she knew he did, he of course felt the same disturbances in the Force. It might even compel him to come out of hiding. That was a disturbing thought.

But now The Master was admonishing that she shed her fear. That she couldn't begin to master the darkside until she learned control of it.

And these sacrifices you speak of Master?

A true Lord of the Sith cannot be concerned with death or punishment in this existance. When a Sith Lord dies we will learn all there is to know about death and punishment. Why agonize over that which we will understand fully in it's proper time?

A Sith Lord replaces every need whether it be emotional or physical with the darkside of the Force. The darkside..... No! We will not begin this lesson this way. Come with me apprentice.

Bastilla rises from the floor and follows The Dark Lord out of the main hall of his sanctum and into a private chamber. The chamber of course was another tomb like all the other chambers in the ancient structure. Korriban was an endless Valley of Sith Dead. What was on the surface was not always what it appeared to be. There were giant monuments on Korriban that contained only modest sized burial rooms. Then there were small cave gaps that once entered opened out into colossal labyrinths of tombs and chambers. The Dark Lord's sanctum was one of these labyrinths.

Inside The Dark Lord's private chamber was an archive filled with ancient scrolls, manuscripts, holo books, and Sith artifacts.

Listen carefully apprentice, I will never repeat these things to you again. Ever. It has taken me most of what I now laughingly refer to as my life to unearth these ancient objects you see before you. Each artifact has it's own peculiar story, and there is an even more peculiar story behind the way each artifact came into my possession. Too many stories to tell actually, but if I were to attempt to tell them all they would reveal that your Master has spent most of his (chucke)"life" as a librarian rather than in battle.

Knowledge is it's own power Master.

You're too kind apprentice, but the truth though simple is what it is. I am not ashamed. Your Master began his journey as a simple librarian on a planet too insignificant to mention. I had an uneventful childhood that would be considered uncommonly happy by most standards. Two dull witted loving parents that were devoted to each other and provided me the perfect example of family and all of it's preposterous traditions. I had 3 siblings who were as equally drugged as my parents on their farcical notions of family and morality. I wouldn't bore you with the details of my meritless rise to adulthood, but for a time I lived as men do. I married a beautiful but simple minded woman of no universal importance. I cared for her with all the tender and gentle effection of a groom in the spring of marriage. We had two children, a boy and a girl, and we lived the typical galactic lie that has captivated trillions of inept souls across the stars for millenia.

I was an archaeologist and worked as chief archivist in the planet's historical archives. I was also a teacher and a scholar who brainwashed youth with dilluted historical data about our planet's worthless existance. At one time I even demonstrated the most sad ambition to run for Senate to represent the feeble-minded views of our world to an even more hapless Republic. I tell you my apprentice, if someone had invented a weapon capable of destroying an entire planet then I would gladly volunteer my homeworld to test fire that weapon. The galaxy already has an abundance of fools and my homeworld would not be missed.

My children were not particularly gifted, but I took a father's pride in even their most meager achievements. I associated with people who shared the same common views that my wife and I shared. I attended the excessive gatherings of family and friends, celebrated birthdays, observed holidays with respect and exchanged meaningless gifts and tokens of vain effection when the opportunity presented itself.

On the surface I was a happy man, but underneath that veil was a being longing for freedom. Freedom from the man I had become more than the life he lived with his so called loved ones. Through all the hugs and kisses that my wife and children smothered me with I asked the burning question..........Isn't there more than this?

And then one day I left them. Just like that. There was nothing different about the day I left. It began like any other morning, except this time I walked out the front door and didn't return. I hadn't planned it, didn't pack anything, didn't even take any needed personal belongings such as indentification. I didn't even take enough credits to get me off planet. I stowed away on a cruiser as I recall. I didn't even know where the ship was going and I didn't care. All I know is that I felt an amazing sense of freedom. It would take me some years to realize that I walked away from more than my family and my homeworld. I walked away from something I no longer needed or desired........... my humanity.

I could not tell you what became of the woman and the children she and I concieved. I can barely recall their names and faces. I had never felt them through the Force, nor did I ever have a desire to know them through the Force. I could not tell you how they lived or died, and since it is more than likely that I outlived them, I can say honestly that I wouldn't be able to force a single tear from my eyes to mourn their passing or honor that they had ever existed.

I cannot recall acurately the years that followed. They were not important, neither were the people I encountered in my travels. All that matters was the day I arrived on Korriban. It could have been viewed as an accident, but there are no accidents in the Force. Always remember that apprentice. I was traveling through the sector when my ship's hyperdrive gave out. Having no choice but to land for repairs I landed here. I had heard the stories of smugglers and transport captains, they avoided this part of space. All believed the planet to be haunted with ghosts, and there were enough real incidents of death and dissappearences to keep the curious at bay.

Now I should confess this apprentice. I did not believe in the Force in those days. I had heard of the heroics of the Jedi, and their strange powers, but had theorized as many have done that the Jedi's powers could be explained through science, not a mystical energy. Oh how I find my own lack of faith in those days most amusing! While my repair droid worked on the ship I decided to scout around and see some of the majestic ruins that filled Korriban's landscape. I felt my one noble calling as a historian and an archaeologist longing to examine the ruins, but even I knew the danger of entering old ruins.

As the Force would have it, a violent sand storm began. Since I was too far from my ship I was "forced", ironic isn't it? Yes, forced to take shelter in one of the nearby tombs. It was there in the darkness of a tomb I met the powerful spirit that would set me free and complete my journey.

Who was he Master?

She never gave me a name to call her by, and in truth she didn't need one. Her name is mentioned nowhere in the Sith histories, but the shadow of her presense has made an indelible impact on our Order. She was a true decendent of the Sith. One who's veins carried the ancient Sith heritage. Even though the great line has been broken there are still those that carry traces of the ancestral blood line.

Bastilla's eyes widen at this announcement.

I'll come to that soon enough my apprentice. She lived during the days when the Empire was young and fractured. In those days the Sith were engaged in a self-destructive power struggle much like the one we witness today, but on a far greater scale. The Sith were on the brink of self-annihilation. But there was one warlord who sought to unite the Sith under one rule, one Dark Lord. This was Marka Ragnos, the first true Dark Lord of the Sith. Ragnos possessed an awesome command of the Force, the likes of which has not been seen in a millennia. He rose to power through a succession of brilliant campaigns against the other Sith Lords. Ragnos quickly gained control of the Sith Empire.

But what was not known was that behind this great master of the darkside was a cunning, powerful sorceress who was gifted in prophesy and Sith alchemy. It was this sorceress that foretold the victories of Ragnos and guided his way to the throne of the Sith Empire. The Dark Lord kept the sorceress' true indentity hidden from his own court, which conspired against him constantly. From the behind the shadow of Ragnos' throne this sorceress helped the Dark Lord maintain dominance by pitting conspirator against conspirator, manipulating allies, and assassinating those that were disloyal to him. Ragnos ruled the Sith Empire this way for more than a century.

Near the end of his reign, the sorceress set down a series of prophesies that stretched some 10,000 years into the future. The prophesies themselves detailed the fall of the Sith, the coming of new Dark Lords, and even greater Empires ruled by the Sith. She explained that nothing she foretold was etched in stone, that the actions of the Sith could determine their own future......if they would heed the warnings of prophesies.

Using the prophesies as a guide, Ragnos haulted the expansion of the Empire to avoid engaging the Republic and the Jedi Order in long war they had been foretold to lose, but when Ragnos died his policy of prudence died with him. His successors waged war against each other and plunged the Sith Empire head first into a galaxy wide confrontation with the Republic and it's Jedi defenders. The Sith Empire fell and suffered a humilating defeat at the hands of it's enemies.

When Marka Ragnos' body had been interred in his tomb here on Korriban, the great sorceress by her own choice was buried alive with him in his tomb. She was never given a crypt of her own. When the tomb was sealed she suffocated in the darkness around her. All that is left of her mortal existance is the skeletal remains I have sealed in this chamber.

Bastilla sees a sarcophagus etched with ancient Sith markings resting on a huge stone block in the center of the chamber. The Master has given the sorceress' remains the burial she denied herself.

That is where you laid her down?

Just her remains from her mortal existance. From the day I met her I was a changed being. My eyes had been opened to the truth. The true nature of the galaxy, and the nature of the Force. Her words and her wisdom disarmed me of every foolish and vain philosophy that I had come to accept as truth. She helped me come to the understanding that my mind had been poisoned from birth. That what I had been taught to believe was superstition was truth, and that logic and reasoning was the lie. My whole concept of civilization had been broken down. Accepting the harsh reality that the whole of civilization had been decieved into embracing morality and values that it's own rulers had realized thousands of years ago were impossible for them to live by. That the more knowledge their people possessed the more impossible it would be for them to rule over their civilizations.

That logic and reason are embraced because people fear their own darkness, and don't want to understand it. They fear to embrace it, for the darkness is what we truly are. Not the thinly veiled puppets who are enslaved by a false set of principals.

And the Jedi! Oh the Jedi! The are the greatest enemies of all that is true. What hypocrites they are! The history of the Jedi Order can be read by the raging fire of the darkside that burns within them all. And yet they are the defenders and the enforcers of the great lie. That the path to the darkside is quick and easy. What a grand distortion they have purposefully mislead themselves with. There is nothing easy about the darkside. It's path is precarious at best.

The path to the darkside is the path to perfection, and what is easy about the path to perfection? What is perfection without passion? Is passion an easy thing? What is passion without sacrifice? What is sacrifice without pain and suffering? *sigh* I fear that the Jedi will forever be lost to their foolish misconceptions, forever damned to their passionless existance until either we or some other element puts them out of their self-inflicted misery.

Who other than the Sith could destroy the Jedi?

According to one of the more obscure prophesies that the sorceress set down, the Jedi will be destroyed by one of their own and then ressurrected by a Sith.

What?!

Try not to read too much into it. Trying to decipher ancient prophesy by it's direct wording can only lead to an ambiguous understanding of it's true meaning. But it is an interesting prophesy.

Indeed it is. Please Master, continue

Ah yes, my physical training under the spirit was odd, even for a Sith. The spirit would send me on quests through the tombs to find and collect various artifacts. I don't have to tell you how dangerous any quest in the Valley of the Dark Lords is, I have sent you on numerous missions myself. But with each quest and the gathering of each artifact I grew stronger. Sometimes the artifact that was found held great meaning and was used as a teaching tool, so I would find value in the quest no matter how dangerous. Other times the artifact was insignificant, but retrieving it almost ended my life. I began to understand that the quests were my training excercises, and after 20 years of those dangerous excercises my training was complete. All that was remaining was my final test, and it would prove if I was ready for the sacrifice of what it means to be a true Sith Lord.

What was the final test?

My final test was to find a new host for the spirit. One that would be sutible for a true decendent of the ancient blood line. Once the host was found the great sorceress would be ressurrected. I searched in vain, but no worth while host could be found. So I made the supreme sacrifice.......I gave her my own body.

Bastilla looked on in astonishment, trying to piece together the puzzle that was coming together in front of her. She had studied the ancient texts that The Master had given her. The ancient texts claimed that when dark side practitioners opened themselves to the power of the darkside through the use of sorcery that they could open themselves as willing hosts to a Sith Lord's spirit. The texts also made mention that the most powerful Sith Lord's could possess physical bodies at will and suppress the will of the host's spirit.

The Dark Lord looked on. He wasn't going to provide his apprentice with any help. She was going to have to piece the truth together on her own. Bastilla's mind was in a spin of fire. The Master gave his body to the Soceress' spirit, but then what happened to his own spirit? The ancient texts mentioned that willing hosts instantly became Sith spirits themselves. That they were free to find hosts of their own, willing or unwilling. Then it hit her! The mind boggling truth of it all came crashing in on her all at once! The Mandalorian Wars, the Jedi Civil War, the quest for the StarForge, it all made crystal clear sense.

REVAN. You were Darth Revan!

Well done apprentice! I possessed the young Jedi's body just before the beginning of the Mandalorian Wars. Revan was an eager young Padawan who studied the darkside of the Force. He journeyed to Korriban to learn what the Masters of the Order would not teach him. He got more than he bargined for. I was not able to destroy his spirit, which is a testament to his strength, I will give him that, but once Revan was mine I started the Mandalorian Wars. It was a master stroke. The Mandalorian Wars would be a cover for our search for the Starforge. Malak was a unknowing pawn. When the Mandalorians were defeated and the Republic crippled, we commandeered the Starforge and the Sith Inavasion had begun.

During the Jedi mission to capture Revan, Malak fired on your ship.

Revan's body was near death, and I was forced to flee from his dying shell. If the spirit of a Sith does not flee a dying host, the spirit is trapped within the mortal death. Revan would have died if it were not for you. Your powers preserved his body and his mind. The suppressed spirit of the Jedi Knight re-emerged, but he had no immediate memories of what happened while his body was mine.

Bastilla was stunned to learn what part she played in the affair, but the final piece of the puzzle was in place. Revan was never actually a Lord of the Sith. Revan the Jedi was innocent. Somewhere out there was a Jedi Knight who struggled with guilt over memories of being a traitor and committing atrocities that weren't his own.

But Revan believed that you were his Master. How was he convinced of this?

Without a true understanding of what happened he came to that conclusion on his own. I had no part in it. His memories might have returned sooner had the Jedi Masters not reprogrammed him with a new identity. Revan's memories will eventually return and he will have complete knowledge of the whole affair, but it will not serve him in any way. The hero of the Republic is also the most wanted man in the galaxy.

Yes, I made certain that all evidence of what happened on the Hawk points to him. Master if I may enquire, where is the sorceress now? Has she found another host?

Through the Force we believe we may have found one, a young woman. She is strong in the Force, and has not been tainted by the teachings of the Jedi....yet. Her location is still unknown to us. These disturbances in the Force have blinded our vision, so we cannot see her. We only know her name, Atris. And it is she who carries traces of the ancient Sith bloodline.

The Jedi won't be blind to her whereabouts. They may discover her and attempt to train her.

We cannot allow that to happen. The process is dangerous and difficult enough, even for a willing host. With Force training she could resist the possession, destroying herself and the sorceress during the process. This is where your sacrifice is needed. Are you prepared?

What would you have me do Master?

The Sorceress' spirit will need your body for the journey, she cannot travel on her own. Understand Lord Bastilla, the moment this happens you will no longer have control over your own being.

I understand Master.

Good. You will reap great rewards from this sacrifice. Do this Lord Bastilla and you will be as immortal as we are. Death and time will have no meaning for you ever again. Once we have located the woman she will leave your body and possess her new host. She will utterly destroy this woman's spirit. The Sorceress will not share with another as I have done. She has sworn this.

Master call upon Sion while there is still time! He may yet be able to bring the other Sith Lords under control. We can then complete this mission before the Jedi discover the host!.

As I stated, we are blind for these disturbances in the Force. We cannot find the host............on our own.

The brilliance of the Master's plan becomes clear.

Yes of course! The Jedi will lead us to the host when they attempt to train her.

Go now Lord Bastilla. Bring order among the Sith as I have commanded. You need not concern yourself with Sion. He is no longer in command of the first fleet as he is on his way to Coruscant to confront the Jedi. He will not be returning.

Sion is still a powerful warrior, he may yet complete his mission and destroy the Jedi for us.

Trust my better wisdom my apprentice when I tell you that Sion is already dead, he just doesn't know it yet.

I'll have Sion's trip to Coruscant up in a couple of days. Like I said, it's all speculation at this point.

Indeed, good arguments guys. The amount of analysis into the given information and thoughtful speculation is amazing, and I commend you for your devotion. Although my plot theory is no where near as detailed as yours, I still wish to share it though. I am of the belief that Revan would be a noticeable presence in the game, if not an important one.

I find it TERRIBLY convenient that one of Revan's former soldiers would wake up in a mysterious mining station containing Revan's (former? Perhaps he still secretly owns it and intends only to let you keep it for the time being as he watches you) ship. Coincidentally, Revan's assassin driod created specifically by him as an elite right hand alongside his chosen utility droid. Makes you wonder why there's so much story elements screaming "Revan" as you begin. I feel that Kreia has some sort of connection to Revan. Perhaps he chose her to train you initially.

This is my theory on Revan's involvement.

On the light side, when you beat Malak, he asked "What if our situations were switched? What if I lost my memory? Would things turn out the way things are?" I believe that Revan was confounded by this question. So, pondering this question, he arranges plans to have his next closest ally make the same choice--YOU. You are indeed the last remaining known Jedi, the last Jedi that has yet to make this choice. Perhaps he wants to see, given the similar circumstances that he and Malak encountered, what choice you would make. You (the PC) would not know that the ship and droids were owned by Revan. You (the player) however WOULD probably suspect that Revan is involved somehow. Later on, Revan will probably show himself, after you have made the decision and perhaps adopt you as apprentice. THIS may be the master/apprentice relationship.

As for the dark side, I think the story arc still works. He will want to see if you turn dark side and perhaps together as his right hand you can help Revan usurp the other Sith Lords that have threatened his top position. This AGAIN may probably turn into the dark side master/apprentice relationship.

I believe that this is Malak's legacy in the sequel.

Well Admiral, if Revan is the Dark Lord then your theory lines up perfectly.

The lightside Revan would have to have a more personal reason to explain his 5 year absence. The story from the lightside perspective is the most difficult because you have all of these tons of unanswered questions.

Where did these new Sith Lords come from? What happened to Bastilla, Jolee, Juhani, Yuthura, Carth, Vandar, and the rest of the crew from the Ebon Hawk?

The darkside ending to KOTOR is simple. Everyone dies except Revan, and any number of reasons could explain the 5 year absence. Especially if Revan is our skull faced Dark Lord with a new identity.