Are spells complex enough?

I did the 'rithmetic and the fireballs are quite close to what a L5 mage would cast in DnD.

If that's true then it makes PoE's fireballs super weak, since the enemy/NPC health pool system in PoE is so much higher than it is in D&D. In PoE a 5th level character has triple-digit health, so if a fireball in PoE does similar damage to what it does in D&D (5d6), that would make it so ridiculously trivial.

But Personally, I didn't notice a problem with PoE's Fireball damage. It fulfills its function, and I've been able to use it to kill things just fine. The issue I have with it is that it seems to lack the visual 'OOMPH' that it had in the IE games. In the BGs and the IWDs, fireball looked like a big, sudden explosion. It was visceral and satisfying. In PoE it looks like.... a cloud? It just shows up, lights the area for a second or two, and then goes away.

Edited by Stun

But Personally, I didn't notice a problem with PoE's Fireball damage. It fulfills its function, and I've been able to use it to kill things just fine. The issue I have with it is that it seems to lack the visual 'OOMPH' that it had in the IE games. In the BGs and the IWDs, fireball looked like a big, sudden explosion. It was visceral and satisfying. In PoE it looks like.... a cloud? It just shows up, lights the area for a second or two, and then goes away.

I suspect they aren't yet finished with the finalized 'splosion animation. Same with other spells.

Should we not start with some Ipelagos, or at least some Greater Ipelagos, before tackling a named Arch Ipelago? 6_u