Beta Quest/Story Thread [Spoilers]

Mayama

Why did no one made one already?

I finished the blood legacy quest. Man this is dark D: , way darker than expected. Its kinda weird that the cult leader doesnt seem to care if you murder his whole cult. I like that it is never really clear if the cult leader just outright lies to you or not, same with the ogre.

• Like 3

Yeah. I like the writing but, whew... Torment had a nice mix of darkness and levity. I am really not seeing any levity in the beta so far. I realise it is a matter of taste, but I'm just waiting for some light moments... BG was full of unforgettable one liners. I feel like the story is taking itself a little too seriously so far.  

• Like 1

Yeah. I like the writing but, whew... Torment had a nice mix of darkness and levity. I am really not seeing any levity in the beta so far. I realise it is a matter of taste, but I'm just waiting for some light moments... BG was full of unforgettable one liners. I feel like the story is taking itself a little too seriously so far.  

Maybee the devs are tryharding in the beta to proof that they dont want to make a generic fantasy story. I guess their would be alot of outrage going on if the beta quest was all about rescuring a fancy princess from a dragon. Im sure Jan Jansen would have admired the pumping system in the blood pool, perfectly suited for turnip watering.

Edited by Mayama
  • Like 1

So what are the possible endings for the blood legacy quest?

I told the cult leader that I had no problem with his plan and then neglected to tell Lord H that anything was wrong with his niece. The outcome was that he takes her in and continues on his journey none the wiser. The quest log suggests that the cultists' plan will succeed.

btw I think it is pretty clear what's up with the ogre and the cult leader. The ogre straight up tells you he ate the pigs and if you click on the gore pile that's in the room with you it suggests that he, not the spiders, is responsible for munching on passers-by.

Meanwhile when you interrogate the Lord at the start there are several things that don't add up with his story: there are better marriage prospects in other places, not one of the girl's family is accompanying him and he's picked a bad route to get to where he says he's going. I think that suggests that the cult leader's story is true.

Edited by MasterPrudent
  • Like 1

Meanwhile when you interrogate the Lord at the start there are several things that don't add up with his story: there are better marriage prospects in other places, not one of the girl's family is accompanying him and he's picked a bad route to get to where he says he's going. I think that suggests that the cult leader's story is true.

Yeah it only suggests it so you are never sure, you basicaly let one stranger slaughter a whole family because another stranger thinks he did something evil. From what I get their are only bad endings to that quest, you kill the cultist that fought evil with evil, you let the girl go and let her slaughter the WHOLE family of the baron or you kill the baron. I dont know if their are more endings like telling the baron about the cult etc.Same with the ogre quest you will never know if the ogre really ate people or not. I like the serious approach but tbh I hope theirs a mix between dark and light harded quests.

Edited by Mayama

Yeah it only suggests it so you are never sure, you basicaly let one stranger slaughter a whole family because another stranger thinks he did something evil.

Well yes, but to be clear my main character was a dissident so I figured it would be in character for her to off an aristocratic family.

I reloaded the save and tried out the other endings. It turns out you can kill the girl and let the baron live (or kill him of course). You can also let the girl live and tell the Lord what's been done to her by the cultists. He says he's going to commit her to an asylum. There are resolve and might dialogue options at the point were you say goodbye to the Lord so there might be some minor variations to that ending but they were locked off to my character.

Edited by MasterPrudent
  • Like 1

Well yes, but do be clear my main character was a dissident so I figured it would be in character for her to off an aristocratic family.

I reloaded the save and tried out the other endings. It turns out you can kill the girl and let the baron live (or kill him of course). You can also let the girl live and tell the Lord what's been done to her by the cultists. He says he's going to seek treatment for her. There are resolve and might dialogue options at the point were you say goodbye to the Lord so you might be able to intimidate him (or try to intimidate him) into doing the right thing but those were locked off to my character so who knows.

Would be neat if the quest are not isolated. So for example letting the girl and baron life would trigger dialogues and more in one of the big cities.

• Like 1

I really like that there appears to be variety in how to solve the quests so far. Not that I really expected anything else, but... I think this is one area where PoE will be far ahead of the IE games. And it will make the game *much* stronger.

One thing though. Is it possible to unlock the door at the Currier's house with Mechanics? I know you can find the key, but it'd be nice if you can unlock it via a high Mechanics skill. I hope there will be as few "plot-locked" doors as possible, or doors where you absolutely need a key despite the fact that you may be a lockpicking master.

I'm also hoping that our solutions in these quests will maybe lead to us meeting the NPCs again later on or something like that. Would be awesome.

• Like 1

Listen to my home-made recordings (some original songs, some not): http://www.youtube.c...low=grid&view=0

Would be neat if the quest are not isolated. So for example letting the girl and baron life would trigger dialogues and more in one of the big cities.

I really hope this is the case. There are consequences along those lines for the Cat and Mouse quest. If you kill Nyfre then Medreth tells you that you should look his House up the next time you're in Defiance Bay.

One thing though. Is it possible to unlock the door at the Currier's house with Mechanics? I know you can find the key, but it'd be nice if you can unlock it via a high Mechanics skill. I hope there will be as few "plot-locked" doors as possible, or doors where you absolutely need a key despite the fact that you may be a lockpicking master.

Yes it is. I think the mechanics check is a seven.

• Like 1

I think a Cipher can clear the girl's mind of the revengeful souls in Blood Legacy.

Revengeful... Man, I'm such an idiot sometimes.

But yeah, having only reached this point with a Cipher, since my previous beta plays bugged out before reaching the Cultists, I'm assuming this is Cipher only. Given that the class is linked so closely to influencing the souls of others.

Feel free to tell me if I'm wrong.