Possible solution to attributes imbalances

Macrae

A problem that I see a lot from what I could see from the discussions and the streams is that the goal of not having any dump attributes and "bad builds" for now doesn't seem to work as intended.

People still pump might and dex to max, and, as someone mentioned in the discussions, it's even worse now because might is important also for mages who also pump it up to max.

So a solution that I would like to propose and that nobody seems to have thought about yet is this very simple idea of increasing the points needed to improve attributes after a certain point in character creation.

Therefore it would take 1 point for every 1 attribute point (this is just an example) up until 14, then 2 points from 14 to 16 and 3 from 16 to 18.

This would give much more incentive to spread out the points and have more of the other stats. So the bodybuilding muscle-mage who pumped might to 18 would finally consider getting a little smarter by putting a few points in intelligence too.. xD

-----------------

So that's the basic idea, the details are open for discussion, and we could add a lot of smaller things to this idea, for example to discourage having people dumping stats to 3 the points needed to go below a certain point could be less that 1. So dumping an attribute from 7 to 6 could give 1 point, but then from 6 to 5 only half a point.

Of course you would be able to use only full points, but that's only a detail that you could solve in other ways.

Edited by Macrae