Skill/Spell UI

Hi all,

Figured I'd write this up after putting some hours in last night:

• The skills/spells UI above the character portraits is where I spend 90+% of my time during combat—picking spells, activating per-encounter skills, etc. Yet it's a tiny grid of squares that offer very little feedback.
  • The rest/journal/character UI in the middle of the screen however is where I spend very little time, exacebated by the fact that all of those pages have well known/well loved keybinds attached by default (L, C, J, M, I, R).

So!

• Move the Rest/Journal/Map/etc buttons to where the spells/skills are now. Small, out-of-the-way buttons that provide quick indication at a glance of how many camp supplies you have left, and an interface for those who prefer to click that's still available.
  • Spells/skills need to be front-and-center. Although PoE is not purely a combat game, just like it's IE past there's still plenty of combat to go around.
  • Make the grid in the bottom middle show the spells for each character (by level, as it does now) and also provide some useful "quick slots" for most often used stuff (say, three quickslots that players can drag spells/skills into)
  • The same goes for skills (i.e. Knockdown, et. al) - should be right there in the middle.

Some extra stuff:

• Provide better indication on some abilities' AoE radius—some Priest spells appear to be PBAoE centered on the Priest, but unlike targeted AoE there's no indication of their range (hard to judge if I'll hit all party members)
  • Chanter Invocations need more feedback when ready. Not sure on how to achieve this. Open to ideas from others. Easy to hit three Chants and not realise you can cast an Invocation without babysitting the UI between turns.

Hope that's clear. Happy to elaborate further.