[Spoiler] Dragon egg

Waywocket

So, the egg up on the ledge: has anybody figured out what you need in order to get it down without breaking it? Can it even be done? It seems that you need high athletics to be able to get up there, but I can't see what you need to get it down - some combination of might and dexterity maybe.

This is bugging me even more than my inability to find a peaceful solution to the ogre problem :).

Well. I used the BB Fighter with his Might and Athletics to climb up there with rope and grapnel, and he succeeded in getting it down.

Unfortunately, although it told me to return the Egg to Hendyna, I get no options to do that when I return to the village to talk to her. So that's a wee bit odd.

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

So how do you actually use a rope and grappling hook? In the inventory it appears to be just a prop - you can't equip it or interact with it, and just having it sitting there doesn't seem to unlock any options in the dialogue where you're climbing up to/down from the ledge with the egg.

I know it's not going to make any difference, since it doesn't actually seem to be possible to hand quests in, but I still wonder if I'm actually missing out on some game mechanics.

Well the rope and grapnel should come into play during certain scripted sequences. You know how when you click on the dragon egg, you get the descriptive text, the options to climb up or not, who to do the climbing? If you have gear in your inventory that could be used, it should add that as an option as part of the natural flow.

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

The files for conversations and scripted interactions are actually XML, so you can just open em and check it out. You need 5 athletics to climb up to the egg and 20 CON to carry it down. You can also climb up with a grappling hook in which case I believe you need 16 CON to carry it down. Also, it looks like if you have another hook you can use that to lower it down without any other requirement.

Edited by Ragg