Level up garbled and game freezes after leveling up

Yonjuro

Question

After doing a few quests I get get the level up indicators (in other words, this doesn't happen during the initial level ups).

When I hit the level up button, the character screen is garbled (the text is unreadable). If I use the arrows to move between characters I eventually get readable text. After that, when I complete the level up, the screen goes black and the game hangs. 

I will be happy to attach the save file if someone can tell me where to find it. 

My OS is Windows 8.

3 answers to this question

The plot thickens. During a real level up, the garbled character sheet appeared. Cycling through the characters with the arrow keys allows level up to happen for one character followed by the game freezing.

However, going to the 'next' character with the arrow button (which goes to the first character, the PC) and hitting the 'personal' button in the upper right ungarbles the character sheet and allows level up to succeed.

To reproduce:

Remove '.txt' from the name of the attached savegame file

Load game

Push the Character sheet button - you should see a garbled character sheet

c17b27d38aa04d0c911ff9c88efebf5a DyrfordVillage 7901479.savegame.txt

I'm having this issue as well. Bringing up the character screen shows garbled text, no portrait, and an enabled Level Up button that should be disabled.

Clicking Level Up takes me through the level up process for the BB Fighter, but his char model isn't displayed. After clicking Done in the Level Up screen, the screen goes black with a cursor and stays that way. Granted, the Level Up button shouldn't be clickable...just saying what happens :)

Edited by PrimeHydra

Ask a fish head

Anything you want to

They won't answer

(They can't talk)