Plans for a Knights Of The Old Republic 3?

Obsidian recently came out and said that they still have an interest in making KOTOR 3 or a Star Wars RPG for that matter. To get that published it would require EA's consent due to them owning the rights to publish Star Wars Video Games. I was  just curious if Obsidian could use EA Origins crowd funding service thing which has them publish your game as long as it's crowd funded but obviously since it's under the Star Wars name Obsidian would directly have to communicate with EA on business matters. If anyone from Obsidian reads this it's worth a try to ask EA! (easier said than done.) Anyway i'm a long time fan of Obsidian and their games, and i'm buying pillars of Eternity when it releases but I would help fund a KOTOR 3 project with a lot of money ft it were Kickstarted. 

http://www.moddb.com/games/star-wars-knights-of-the-old-republic-3-tea/#4747207 This is something I found just from searching KOTOR 3 and it's a fan made project but doesn't look like it's going to go anywhere, that being said I hope Obsdian can make some kind think of some way to make the game we want.

• 3 weeks later...

Obsidian recently came out and said that they still have an interest in making KOTOR 3 or a Star Wars RPG for that matter. To get that published it would require EA's consent due to them owning the rights to publish Star Wars Video Games. I was  just curious if Obsidian could use EA Origins crowd funding service thing which has them publish your game as long as it's crowd funded but obviously since it's under the Star Wars name Obsidian would directly have to communicate with EA on business matters. If anyone from Obsidian reads this it's worth a try to ask EA! (easier said than done.) Anyway i'm a long time fan of Obsidian and their games, and i'm buying pillars of Eternity when it releases but I would help fund a KOTOR 3 project with a lot of money ft it were Kickstarted. 

unfortunately,no matter how many people want or do an official Kotor 3,you can't do that unless you have full permission from Disney and EA to use the copyrighted material

it's insane i know,they shouldn't even have control over that material because they didn't created it.

in the videogame market,if you try to do a thing on your own that starts from owned content like Kotor 3,when Disney will know your progress it will stop you,because they own it.

if i had enough money i would buy Star Wars and immediately start the development of Kotor 3,Battlefront 3 and Republic commando 2

put it like this,even if you make a food that is remotely similar in taste and smell to the original company one,they will sue you,even if you did it because you wanted to do something new.

companies are ****,greedy fat ass whores that choke whatever guy is trying to do in good faith

• 4 weeks later...

"unfortunately,no matter how many people want or do an official Kotor 3,you can't do that unless you have full permission from Disney and EA to use the copyrighted material
it's insane i know,they shouldn't even have control over that material because they didn't created it.
in the videogame market,if you try to do a thing on your own that starts from owned content like Kotor 3,when Disney will know your progress it will stop you,because they own it.
if i had enough money i would buy Star Wars and immediately start the development of Kotor 3,Battlefront 3 and Republic commando 2
put it like this,even if you make a food that is remotely similar in taste and smell to the original company one,they will sue you,even if you did it because you wanted to do something new. companies are ****,greedy fat ass whores that choke whatever guy is trying to do in good faith"

This has to be a joke post. The one being greedy and selfish here is you.

And, good faith? L0LZ

• Like 1

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

unfortunately,no matter how many people want or do an official Kotor 3,you can't do that unless you have full permission from Disney and EA to use the copyrighted material

put it like this,even if you make a food that is remotely similar in taste and smell to the original company one,they will sue you,even if you did it because you wanted to do something new.

companies are ****,greedy fat ass whores that choke whatever guy is trying to do in good faith

Everything you post is amazing.

As Expanded Universe content that is published before Disney's acquisition of Star Wars license, are now rebranded under Star Wars Legends, and all new Expanded Universe content will follow much stricter guidance to prevent different works to be in contradictory with each other as they now have done sometimes, I would say it is highly unlikely that there will ever be KOTOR 3 that will continue story from current KOTOR and KOTOR 2, instead I would say it is more likely that we will see relaunch of Old Republic games that probably will re-tell Revan's and Exile's stories in player controlled way or indirect way via lore tidbits.  

Also Disney's more direct handed approach to keep lore and content in Star Wars universe consistent probably also means that products that they approve are such that they don't need to seek funding via crowdsourcing, especially in gaming side where EA has control over licensing.

You know, due to my Asperger's, you'd think I'd give much more of a damn about continuity in books.

That and I'm a huge geek.

We're talking just above knowing who the best Dr. Who companion to cosplay is, but below mad that white comic book characters are played by black men.