82th 24 Heures du Mans

Woldan

Anybody here going to watch the 82th 24 hour race in Le Mans, France starting tomorrow? Its the most important motor sport event of the whole year, this year its Audi vs Toyota vs Porsche which is going to be an epic battle.   :w00t:

Most good sports channel should at least cover the start (4 PM, France), the finish and a couple of hours in between, I bought a 24 hour HD live stream and I'm going to use the hell out of it. 

iN2FBzaHD88gy.jpg

Audi awesomeness:

2014-audi-r18-e-tron-quattro-le-mans-pro

Porsche power

porsche-919-1.jpg

Toyota, piloted by Austrian Alexander Wurz

toyota-2015-gfos-3.jpg

Edited by Woldan
  • Like 1

I gazed at the dead, and for one dark moment I saw a banquet. 

I love getting involved with the fortunes of certain teams during the early hours ... it really pays off at the end of such an incredible feat of endurance. 

No cable in the house, I'll have to see about streaming what I can ... but it's just not the same. 

• Like 1

All Stop. On Screen.

If I find a good livestream I'll pots it here so that those who are interested in it but don't have access to it -due to various reasons- can watch it. 

• Like 1

Alright I'm going for Webber in the Porsche. I like Wurz in a Toyota, too. I have to also watch Corvette Racing, because America. And I'll keep an eye on Fisichella in the Ferrari just for old time's sake. 

The official website has a live picture, just under five hours to go. The announcers are in French, so this should be weird and fun.  :disguise:

All Stop. On Screen.

I think Porsche won't make it to the first place because its their first time in Le Mans with this car, all the car has completed is a bunch of 6 hour races, 24 hours is a totally different animal. Toyota and Audi have proven that they can win the race with their teams and their cars, have learned from their previous mistakes and the car has evolved accordingly, Porsche is competing with an unproven design and the team has 0 experience with 24 hour races. I think the end result will be: 1. Audi, 2nd Toyota, 3rd Toyota, 4th Porsche, 5th Audi. 

Sacre bleu! One of these announcers is making my ears bleed. I don't think she's ever used a microphone before.

Pretty incredible to see sun and rain on the track simultaneously. Dusk approaching, night racing soon! 

The female announcer is horrible, she sounds like a buzz saw.  You might want to switch to the on-board cams. 

By the way, I just realized that I made such a nub error. Its 82nd, not 82th.  :getlost:

Man, that poor leading Toyota, electric failure, such a shame.   ;(   Porsche leading. If they win on their comeback that would be quite a feat. 

I feel sorry for Porsche, they returned to endurance racing and not one car made it to the end, not to mention on the podium. Even though they did not expect to win and its still their learning year you could see the utter disappointment in the faces of the drivers and crew. 

• Like 1

VORSPRUNG DURCH TECHNIK!!

1. Audi

2. Audi

3. Toyota

Called it: http://forums.obsidian.net/topic/65221-what-you-did-today/?p=1430514

I'll go out and hug my car now :) :) :)

Predicting Audi to win Le Mans ... might as well predict the sun will also rise. 

And your "call" was wrong, the No. 1 car didn't win. 

I'm not bitter ... I just like Webber and it was looking good there for a whole minute.  ;(

All Stop. On Screen.