Update 79 Camp-out thread

I've done a couple of these so far. Updates at 10:00AM PST on a Wednesday is 3:00AM Thursday for me, so I'll be staying up for it (or falling asleep 3 minutes before and waking up to it like last time).

Our next update will be from Adam Brennecke. He has some great graphical enhancements to share that we hope you'll enjoy.

A few weeks ago Brandon Adler responded to someone asking about character grounding (in relation to shaders and shadows, as in the Update 51 screenshot, characters kind of stuck out in the scene). He said that Adam Brennecke had been working hard on a solution to this, and asked if we wanted to see an update on it. So Update 79 is the result of that request.

However on top of possibly seeing a screenie of the new blending solution (which may also give us a glimpse of aumaua, orlan or godlike in-game modles if we're lucky), there's more!

What other graphical enhancements do you guys think they're going to show?

We've seen: Color grading, 3D water, Animated trees/bushes, character occlusion, dynamic lighting

I think Dynamic Cloth is a possibility.

Adam's updates are usually have pretty good verbosity too.

• Like 1

Ye you should really find something more productive to do with your life than stay up till 3AM for this.  This is just a blog, it won't get stale, go to bed.  If Sawyer & Co did these every two weeks the game wouldn't get made.  

• Like 1

The last two threads were successful, 6 and 10 pages a piece. I will be doing productive things while I am up (such as working on an IPv6 tunnelling educational paper for the IEEE Conference in Sydney next month).

http://forums.obsidian.net/topic/61310-the-official-update-20-camp-out-thread/?hl=camp

http://forums.obsidian.net/topic/64664-update-68-camp-out-thread/?hl=%2Bcamp-out+%2Bthread

MANY europeans had been staying up for the updates the whole time because they were posted late at night / early in the morning for them

Feel free to ignore my posts, if they annoy you.

fággot

Edited by Sensuki

I dub thee workaholic ;)

To be honest I would pretty much like to see the ensemble of every race avatar standing next to each other. Not only we do not know what will the "new" races look like ingame but also it would give a good comparison between them. I have no more specific wishes regarding the graphic as I am too much of a layman in the topic, so everything new will be equally appreciated.

Ooh, maybe someone will end the Kana Rua male/female dispute. Tell you what: if you're right I'll track you down in January-February next year (as I will be roaming the entire Down Under with my wife), and say some wise words of appreciation ("bravo, sir, bravo"). Otherwise, I'll throw pebbles at ya.

It would be of small avail to talk of magic in the air...

I'm trying to think of what other graphical enhancements they've mentioned. But perhaps there's 'new' stuff.

Fog of War might be one. We haven't seen that in action yet.

• Like 1