Another Icewind Dale kickstarter?

So while I don't think I'm supporting this out of nostalgia, I'll admit that I can't rule it out.

I certainly can rule out nostalgia.  I'd never touched an Infinity Engine game before this Kickstarter, so there's clearly some level of appeal that goes beyond nostalgia.

Well my point was that certain notable Kickstarters have succeeded because of a nostalgia factor. That doesn't rule out support from other influences, but they may not have succeeded anywhere near as well as they did without a nostalgia factor being present, if at all. Any example of what happens without a nostalgia factor may be Zaharia.

• Like 1

"It has just been discovered that research causes cancer in rats."

I don't think there's a nostalgia factor so much as a trust factor. The big Kickstarter successes have all either been run by devs with a sizable fanbase that trusts them to put out good games, or devs who showed off enough of their game that people trusted they could deliver on their promises. The more people are already invested in you, the less you have to show to get them to trust you.

• Like 3

If it wasn't an RPG, it would just have been another Sanitarium or I Have No Mouth And I Must Scream - another weird adventure game from the 90s that barely anybody remembers.

Ahhh, Sanitarium... That game gave me nightmares, 'cause I played it when I was like 13.

Should we not start with some Ipelagos, or at least some Greater Ipelagos, before tackling a named Arch Ipelago? 6_u