Mr Hankey quest bug

yannouz

Question

I'm stuck on this quest where you have to save the 3 kids of Mr. Hankey. I've found them all and they all have these Hobos you have to fight in order to "save" them, so they return home. The thing is and it comes to Cornwallis I have successfully managed to save him by defeating the corresponding hobos, then I have saved the game. When I loaded my game Cornwallis was back in the box. Now he has no one near him he is just alone singing a cristmas carol. When I interact he only screams "HELP!" and doesn't go home (and the quest is checked). What should I do? Has anyone encountered this problem? I can´t complete this quest. :/

3 answers to this question

Can you go back to a save prior to that one?

Sounds like the save took the state of the quest but reset Cornwallis.

Alternatively, have you tried going to Mr Hankey to see if the end of the quest will still trigger?

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

I just started playing Stick of Truth this week, I have run into precisely the same bug with the same cause (I saved the game just after rescuing Cornwallis and later reloaded).  By the time a realized my error, my only save files before the bug were before the alien space ship quest.  

I have attempted to return to Mr. Hankey but it won't recognize that I have completed the quest.  The quest is marked off in my journal, but Cornwallis was never added as a friend.

Is there any kind of bugfix?  I don't suppose this game takes console commands that can reset the quest?