Censorship? Unacceptable.

Does anyone know if the US Xbox 360 version will run on european consoles? I know that this is generally not the case, but there are exceptions and at the moment I'm desperately hoping that South Park: The Stick of Truth is one of them.

Alternative: Does anyone know if the Windows version is running on Linux with WINE?

Crystalmancer of the Obsidian Order

http://www.pcgamer.com/2014/02/27/south-park-the-stick-of-truths-pc-version-will-only-be-censored-in-certain-territories/

Sigh.

"... censoring will occur in "Germany, Austria, Australia, Singapore, Hong Kong & Taiwan"."

According to Steam, i'd only get the "Low Violence Version" *rolleyes*

Edited by ScornAUT

http://www.pcgamer.com/2014/02/27/south-park-the-stick-of-truths-pc-version-will-only-be-censored-in-certain-territories/

Sigh.

"... censoring will occur in "Germany, Austria, Australia, Singapore, Hong Kong & Taiwan"."

According to Steam, i'd only get the "Low Violence Version" *rolleyes*

Only the swastika is out in your version. Anal probe stuff is still in.

Just for the record I'm pretty disappointed with ubisoft regarding this decision.

No-one can really understand this decision in the slightest.

Not even like the screens we got where that funny either....

http://uk.ign.com/articles/2014/03/03/this-is-south-park-the-stick-of-truths-censor-screen

Let's hope it's worth me getting on PC.... was really hoping I could play this on my TV with mates on a console so we could share the laughs.... 

Does anyone know if the US Xbox 360 version will run on european consoles? I know that this is generally not the case, but there are exceptions and at the moment I'm desperately hoping that South Park: The Stick of Truth is one of them.

Alternative: Does anyone know if the Windows version is running on Linux with WINE?

It is region-locked according to a Canadian online retailer. Ubisoft doesn't want us to import the cheaper uncensored version of the game.

Thanks, Ubichiottes.

That means we'll probably have to get the censored version then, if we want to play the game on the Xbox. ;(

At least I can still delude myself with the irrational hope that maybe there will be a patch that undoes this defacement of art. On the other hand, since the censorship was nothing but a marketing decision, I presusume in order to make people talk about the game, this hope might not be completely in vain.

Crystalmancer of the Obsidian Order