Become a backer for Project Eternity

Gjefflin

I am an old school RPG veteran going way back to the early 90's.  My favorite games EVER are the Baldur's Gate series and Planescape: Torment.  I'm currently a very large backer for the new "Torrment: Tides of Numenera" upcoming 2015 game.

I just found out today about "Project Eternity" and I was wondering if there is any way I can still become a backer.  I saw the availability to become a "Slacker Backer" but i'd like to donate more than that to receive a higher tier.

Is this in any way possible?

Thanks!

Tye

"Women were the reason I became a Monk....and ah....the reason I switched back."

"Women were the reason I  became a Monk...and ah...the reason I switched back".

Good evening Mr Tye, I believe that the forthcoming backer site due to arrive in a fortnight or so will allow one to change their donation and customise their rewards, so if you wish to back the game I would suggest making a slacker backer donation at some point and then using the backer site to reach the appropriate level you wish. Hope this helps.

Quite an experience to live in misery isn't it? That's what it is to be married with children.

I've seen things you people can't even imagine. Pearly Kings glittering on the Elephant and Castle, Morris Men dancing 'til the last light of midsummer. I watched Druid fires burning in the ruins of Stonehenge, and Yorkshiremen gurning for prizes. All these things will be lost in time, like alopecia on a skinhead. Time for tiffin.

Tea for the teapot!

You can also do it now.

http://eternity.obsidian.net/

Click the DONATE button.

Backer website will be up in 1.5 weeks at which time you will be able to 'confirm' your pledge.

Donating before the game comes out is a better idea because it gives the developers more money for the Alpha & Beta stages of the game. Your $29+ dollars could be attributed to some bug fixing or a couple lines of voice acting so you'll receive a better product overall.

Edited by Sensuki

Good evening Mr Tye, I believe that the forthcoming backer site due to arrive in a fortnight or so will allow one to change their donation and customise their rewards, so if you wish to back the game I would suggest making a slacker backer donation at some point and then using the backer site to reach the appropriate level you wish. Hope this helps.

If this is the case that that would be wonderful.  I will so post haste once this is confirmed.

You can also do it now.

http://eternity.obsidian.net/

Click the DONATE button.

Backer website will be up in 1.5 weeks at which time you will be able to 'confirm' your pledge.

Donating before the game comes out is a better idea because it gives the developers more money for the Alpha & Beta stages of the game. Your $29+ dollars could be attributed to some bug fixing or a couple lines of voice acting so you'll receive a better product overall.

I would love to donate just as i did with the new and upcoming Torment game, but i prefer buying the Box sets as opposed to digitally downloading.  So if donating will only get me the digital version, then it's not something i'm overly keen on doing.  I'd prefer to just wait until the game comes out and then purchase the box set retail.  However again, if I can somehow bump up my pledge (as stated in the above reply), I would do so immediately.

I really appreciate the replies gentlemen.

• Like 1

I had the same question and thoughts.  Thanks for asking, Tye

Welcome friend.  Can't wait for that Backer website so I can hopefully select a Physical box set. 

but i prefer buying the Box sets as opposed to digitally downloading.  So if donating will only get me the digital version, then it's not something i'm overly keen on doing.  I'd prefer to just wait until the game comes out and then purchase the box set retail.

There wont be a retail release.

So if you want a boxed version your only bet would be here through backing. Check the prices on the Kickstarter page...

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

Formerly known as BattleWookiee/BattleCookiee

but i prefer buying the Box sets as opposed to digitally downloading.  So if donating will only get me the digital version, then it's not something i'm overly keen on doing.  I'd prefer to just wait until the game comes out and then purchase the box set retail.

There wont be a retail release.

So if you want a boxed version your only bet would be here through backing. Check the prices on the Kickstarter page...

Oh.  Okay thanks.  I will do so although it appears that the only thing available is the "Slacker Backer".  But if that's all that's available, then I guess that's the way to go.  Would've loved the physical copy, cloth map...etc however.  :(

I really appreciate the replies gentlemen.

You may be able to select a box copy of the game as an upgrade tier. We are not sure.

As of right now Eternity is primarily a digital distribution release. However Wasteland 2 did a distribution deal for retail copies, so later on down the track it wouldn't be too surprising if Obsidian ends up doing the same. That said Obsidian does have like 5-6 times the staff of inXile and can probably handle Kickstarter physical reward production on their own.

Do I need to buy a slacker backer now to be eligible for the backer upgrades in a week or sos time?

You will still be able to see the updates, however I repeat that backing the game now will do two things:

a) It will be cheaper

b) The money goes directly to the development budget of the game, so your $29 might go to a couple of extra lines of VO dialogue or some extra hours of beta testing/bug fixing that helps make the game better.

Edited by Sensuki
  • Like 1

Do I need to buy a slacker backer now to be eligible for the backer upgrades in a week or sos time?

We're not exactly sure, but the backer page kickstarter updates suggests you can still upgrade as slacker backer too.

But it also shows screenshots with the final time of definitive orders is 30 november... which, is very unlikely, as I personally don't see the backer's portal even being ACTIVE before that date...

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

Formerly known as BattleWookiee/BattleCookiee

I got an email from Obsidian confirming that if you join as a slacker backer, their Backer portal will be open within the next month or so that will let you include add-ons and raise your tiered level.

I have joined and can't wait.

Thanks all!