What did you think of Shadowrun returns?

Nirgal

I will confess to my typical M.O. here. 

I played through the campaign... until the main plot reveal (

bugs

) and haven't yet had much of an urge to fire it up again since then.  Lacking a core mystery or any characters who I had a reason to care much about, I didn't find the gameplay experience compelling enough to continue. 

I do this a lot.  (For example, as memorable as parts of MotB were, my playthrough stalled after the conversation with what's-her-face's mother/clone/whatever, and I really had to force myself to revisit it and play out the ending a couple months later.) 

Edited by Enoch
  • Like 1

You cant get out by yourself. As long as the game thinks you are in combat, you stay in combat. In a hostile area that may mean until you leave, even though there is no enemy around. Probably emant to create suspense.

I suppose it's possible, but I think it is much more probable that they simply didn't bother to define a boundary condition for ending combat while there are still hostiles in the area. I remember instances where there are no enemies for at least 2 turns worth of movement and it is seriously annoying to drag 4 characters around -- more so than even the save system. 

I played through the campaign... until the main plot reveal (

bugs

) and haven't yet had much of an urge to fire it up again since then.  Lacking a core mystery or any characters who I had a reason to care much about, I didn't find the gameplay experience compelling enough to continue.

Is that really the big reveal? I thought the game did a good job of piling on the plot; there are revelations up until the last conversation (although this final one you can probably guess).