Eternity Artists: Dragons should not (all) be Dragons any more!

If you ask me "sapience" is just another way of saiying "thinks like a human" and is there mostly to make us feel so great and special. But that's beside the point.

The point is that thare are humans woh would acts completey disinterested. Tehre were tribes that would use the remian fo hte dead for decoration..like a necklace made out of ears of slain enemies and such.

Amn cannibal tribes it was common.

So you could pretty much strut trough the middle of their village with a severed human head as your codiece and no one would bat an eyelash. Or are you telling me they are liek cows and not truly sapient?

My whole point is that the reaction (or lack thereoff) would depend entirely on the person/monster in question.

And frankly I'd rather more effort be given to monsters ACT and fight intelligently rather than them noticing I carry a shiny item...altough that would be nice too.

* YOU ARE A WRONGULARITY FROM WHICH NO RIGHT CAN ESCAPE! *

Chuck Norris was wrong once - He thought HE made a mistake!

to all that want a variation of dragons im actually doing a concept up rate now, keep in in mind im sure they have all the dragon concepts done but I just wanted to get your guys feed back and  see what you think, ill be in the works of doing this concept up. Its most likley going to be a green dragon (forest theme) or (nature). soo just keep an eye out ill post it in a new topic when done! thanks all and happy treasure hunting!

IMO, this just sounds like some hipster "Western Dragons are too mainstream" thing.

I'm all for having more unique creatures, but they should just invent new names for said creatures instead of slapping on "Dragon".

And I had to laugh at the "sapient" vs "sentient" comments.

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"you're a damned filthy lying robot and you deserve to die and burn in hell." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"I love cheese despite the pain and carnage." - ShadySands

If you ask me "sapience" is just another way of saiying "thinks like a human" and is there mostly to make us feel so great and special. But that's beside the point.

The point is that thare are humans woh would acts completey disinterested. Tehre were tribes that would use the remian fo hte dead for decoration..like a necklace made out of ears of slain enemies and such.

Amn cannibal tribes it was common.

So you could pretty much strut trough the middle of their village with a severed human head as your codiece and no one would bat an eyelash. Or are you telling me they are liek cows and not truly sapient?

My whole point is that the reaction (or lack thereoff) would depend entirely on the person/monster in question.

And frankly I'd rather more effort be given to monsters ACT and fight intelligently rather than them noticing I carry a shiny item...altough that would be nice too.

I was pretty sure "the point" (at least the one to which you were responding) was that, if dragons are sapient, you'd think they'd react to things in ways beyond simple emotion/instinct. And if you're adding on "Don't forget that it would depend on the individual in question, since different sapient individuals react to the same thing in different ways," then that's cool, too. But, you kinda breezed past that whole "Yeah, that's true" or "Nope, that's false" acknowledgement phase of the reply process, just for what it's worth.

Also, I think the specific point was quite confined to the reaction to your armor as a result of it being the body parts of the creature in question's species, not being shiny. I think creatures reacting intelligently to the shininess of your items is pretty low on the priority list, to be honest.

Should we not start with some Ipelagos, or at least some Greater Ipelagos, before tackling a named Arch Ipelago? 6_u

Now I was pretty much going on about how the initial point equaled sapience with a specific reaction, which is not necessarily the case.

A pretty useless nitpick, but I was bored.

* YOU ARE A WRONGULARITY FROM WHICH NO RIGHT CAN ESCAPE! *

Chuck Norris was wrong once - He thought HE made a mistake!