Based on info in the latest Update video...

...I'd like to branch out to more interesting classes in my RPGs. I often go with the vanilla fighter/paladin, but hearing the idea of the Chanter class, who uses singular or combined words to create different effects, has me interested in trying something new. I enjoy the fact that Skyrim allows you to dabble in spells, while not necessarily leaning too heavily on it, as well as allowing you to combine them for different effects. So my question would be, are there any classes in RPGs available now that would scratch this particular itch? I have all of the Infinity Engine games, as well as every Ultima (including the Underworlds), and almost every Might and Magic cRPG (every one except IX). As you can probably tell, I'm a fan of GOG. :p Any feedback would be awesome.

rangers usually have a small amount of magic

Remember: Argue the point, not the person. Remain polite and constructive. Friendly forums have friendly debate. There's no shame in being wrong. If you don't have something to add, don't post for the sake of it. And don't be afraid to post thoughts you are uncertain about, that's what discussion is for.
---
Pet threads, everyone has them. I love imagining Gods, Monsters, Factions and Weapons.

Perhaps try Troika's VtMB as a Malkavian and fight enemies with the power of your own infectious insanity?

But beware of that one STOP sign, you will know it when you see it, when you do, STOP.

Or maybe you can play Devine Divinity, just pick and choose the spells or skills you like, look into it.