Poll: Death animations vs. more attack animations

Which do you choose?  

94 members have voted

1. 1. If you could choose between one or the other for animation, which you you pick?

• One basic attack animation. Add in varied death animations
    • Basic death animations. Multiple attack animations for different scenarios.

Mmm, I'm unsure if this is related or not, but I think context sensitive death animations for the party could be an interesting (although probably costly and intensive) thing to implement.

For being murdered by a random party of mooks, nothing special, just the standard stock animations or a "game over, must reload" screen.  But for various bosses within the game? 

Example: you're going up against Johnny Johnson, Murderator of All Things Pure and Innocent.  Your standard hack-and-slash dude who's a mega-brawler.  Your party wipes to him and his backup.  Johnny Jonhson then runs you through with a sword, decapitates you, or breaks you neck.

Example 2:  Bob Robertson, Diabolic Spellweaver and Master of the Arcane.  Your party wipes against him.  Animation shows him lightning-ing your party to death or making your head explode or something.

Obviously, given the visual direction that PE is taking, this would require separate animations as it would be fairly specific. Again, not an entirely realistic thing to develop, even only in certain boss fights, but it could be tweaked down.  Enemies could have quicker/less flashy death animations against the player when the party wipes. 

• Like 1

Captain James Hook: No stopping me this time, Smee. This is it. Don't make a move Smee, not a step. My finger's on the trigger. Don't try to stop me, Smee.

Smee: Oh, not again.

Captain James Hook: This is it. Don't try to stop me this time, Smee. Don't try to stop me this time, Smee. Don't you dare try to stop me this time, Smee, try to stop me. Smee, you'd better get up off your ass. Get over here, Smee.

Smee: I'm coming. I'm coming.

Captain James Hook: Stop me. This is not a joke. I'm committing suicide.

Captain James Hook: Don't ever frighten me like that again.

Smee: I'm sorry.

Captain James Hook: What are you? Some kind of a sadist?

Smee: I'm sorry. I'm sorry. How do you feel now?

Captain James Hook: I want to die.

Yeah when im thinking death animations Im not thinking like 5-10 ways to kill a guy with a sword... I'm thinking of itl ike swing animations. 1-2 per weapon but then the same for monster types. Basic example a bear, or a wolf. Giving them 1-2 ways to 'take down' with a special animation against a humanoid creature could do wonders for ranger pets or multi-faction combat scenarios you may run into (such as a bear showing up when your fighting bandits).

I just think 1-2 for a lot that stuff would be a good amount of variaty for the battle chaos.

• Like 1

Def Con: kills owls dead