Silvio Berlusconi convicted of fraud

Humodour

Oh come on, this is worthy of some celebration - that bastard got gaol time!

I agree, its long overdue.

That underage prostitute he is accused of having sex with didn't look 17 but that was the least of his crimes.

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Corrupted to the core, that bastard. How many times has he been drawn to court by now? And how many times *should* he have been sentenced already? Slightly more often than your average politician I'd wager...

Well, let's see if he manages to create his intended crusade against the "dictatoriship of judges" how he calls it. It seems he hasn't changed / created enough laws while he was in office after all.

Edited by samm

Citizen of a country with a racist, hypocritical majority

And yet, the italian electorate love the guy. He is the only guy who has managed to keep the country focused... either in blind admiration or in staunch hate of him. Before Berlusconi, Italian politics was as unstable as a crackhead with elections every 6 months on average. He is great copy for newspapers and for gossip columns. And despite his corruption and wastefull spending, noone really questioned it too much because... everyone else was susceptible to bribes and wastefull spending too.

Berlusconi is many things, but he is italian politics when it is best. :dancing:

• Like 1

"Politicians. Little tin gods on wheels". -Rudyard Kipling. A European Fallout timeline? Dont mind if I do!