Welcome to Obsidian Forum Community
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Paypal donation question

paypal

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

Manalah

Manalah

(0) Nub

• Members
  • 4 posts
  • Pillars of Eternity Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer
Hello everybody,

Just donated for the 25$ tire via paypal.
I recieved a reciept and a notification of payment from paypal, but none from Obsidian.

Is this normal?

I realize that the donation system means I will recieve my game when it comes out, but shouldn't I also recieve some sort of acknowledgment or confirmation or maybe even reciept from Obsidian?

Vaesark

Vaesark

(1) Prestidigitator

• Members
  • 32 posts
  • Pillars of Eternity Gold Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer
As far as I know no one received it yet. I assume that they are waiting for the kickstarter to end and send all the notifications at once.

Hassat Hunter

Hassat Hunter

Royal Bug Catcher of the Obsidian Order

• Members
  • 5976 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer
Not sure if #25 will get one. After all, no add-ons to that, it's a basic tier without extra. They wouldn't need to ask what the extra is for.

Manalah

Manalah

(0) Nub

• Members
  • 4 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer
Well the kickstarter ended and I still didn't receive any sort of confirmation from Obsidian.

Keyrock

Keyrock

Obsidian Order Rodent Tamer

• Members
  • 7295 posts
  • Steam:Keyrock
  • PSN Portable ID:Unfrozen_Keyrock

Well the kickstarter ended and I still didn't receive any sort of confirmation from Obsidian.

They will send us a questionnaire asking what rewards we would like for what we pledged (and shipping particulars and such). I don't expect to see that questionnaire until a week or two after the PayPal ends, if not longer. After all, even the people who only pledged through Kickstarter may still wish to top off with PayPal and they're going to have some 75,000-80,000 of these to go through. This is going to take quite some time. Be patient, everybody.

Edited by Keyrock, 17 October 2012 - 10:07 AM.

zlarm

zlarm

(2) Evoker

• Members
  • 69 posts
I donated through KS and I haven't received any emails from obsidian... KS and amazon sent me one saying my payment was processed yesterday but thats it. I wouldn't worry about it you'll probably get one in the next few days.

Manalah

Manalah

(0) Nub

• Members
  • 4 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer
Two weeks have passed, and still not a single email from Obsidian to tell me, at the very least, that they indeed received my money.

I waited as people told me, but now I ask again: is this normal?

Clammo

Clammo

Coffin Dodger of the Obsidian Order

• Members
  • 53 posts
  • Pillars of Eternity Gold Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer
Hi Manalah

Yeah, nobody has confirmed yet, they're still collating all the information, around 80,000 pledges or so probably takes a while to wade through. On Twitter it says they're going to be announcing their fulfilment site in the next few weeks, so presumably around about that time we'll all get our confirmation emails sent through.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: paypal

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users