Inspiration for the soul&magic system

I've read a lot of threads on what magic mechanism should be and some ideas are very interesting. As to be metioned first, my idea is inspired by a webgame called 'Estiah' and I think it is perfectly in line with my thought on how soul&magic mechanism should work in PE.

First of all, for those who aren't familiar with Estiah, I will describe how battle system in Estiah operates. Estiah is a turn-based game and players use cards called charms in battles. Every player has traditional HP to judge how tough he is. However, instead of using mana to activate his ablity, he uses a source called 'spirit'. Each card he uses to attack or defend consumes 1 spirit points and when his spirit points drop to zero, he dies. And this becomes very interesting and tactical because you can damage the enemies' spirit to win the duel instead of reducing their hp, moreover, there are subclass specializes into spirit attacking.

Concept of soul points:

So let's go back to the topic, I've read the thread 'ablities and spells' and I like the concept of soul point and I'd like to go further into it. I think the devs can use soul points to replace the traditional way of mana or stamina. This is my idea on it: your character will start wih a certain amount of soul points, for example, 30/30 soul points. It won't grow because soul is the nature of a man, but it varies from person to persom, as the devs mention that there are ones with fragile soul and ones with powerful soul. Your initial attribution like wisdom may have a slight impact on it's amount. And maybe you can gain additional soul points in your playthrough.

How it works with magic and how it limits magic usage:

Similar to those in Estiah, every time you use a spell, you will consume your soul points and the more powerful the spell you cast, the more you consumes your souls. But you won't die if you run out of your soul points. It just exhausts you, maybe reducing your will save or something like that. So the conclusion is though your magic can cast powerful spell like time stop, the total amount of spells is not changed. Thus you should decide wether to use some less powerful spells or a really big one. Moreover, as you see, if you cast too much you will in big danger aganist spells like fear or hold person, so you can't abuse your power and must caculate it with caution.

Soul attack and willpower

I think in PE there should be some monsters or maybe a magic school that threaten your soul. So I think it's a good idea to have spells like soul devour to reduce the maximun of your soul points temporarily or permanently. For example, if you encounter with a big tough guy who is hard to kill physically, you can kill him with your soul-focused wizard. And there also should be some protection against soul attack, like willpower in Estiah.

I'm sorry that I can't express this in a simpler way for that English is not my main language, but anyway, what's your opinion on the topic?

• Like 1