I feel the stars have really aligned on this project and I'm ecstatic that Obsidian can finally work on their dream game.

I have NO doubt that Project Eternity will be absolutely phenomenal, however I DO have doubts that Obsidian can deliver a polished and relatively bug free game.

That said, the lack of publisher pressure does put Obsidian under different circumstances to prior projects. Ideally, I envision more time being available to polish the game properly before release.

What do others think? Will the lack of deadlines give more time for Q&A? Or will the smaller resources being devoted to the game mean less?

It would be very reassuring to many of us to have confirmation from Obsidian that Q&A is going to be a prime focus this time around. It's about time Obsidian broke it's reputation for releasing buggy games.

I agree. While Obsidian is a great company, a lot of their work lacks polish. I think this would be a great opportunity for this to be changed, especially seeing how they came directly to us for financial backing and not through a publisher.

I would also love to see a closed Beta for people who have backed enough to purchase the game outright. Sure it would probably spoil the story for a lot of people but a non disclosure agreement and making it a system that you have to opt in for would hopefully limit it to the people who really want to test it and don't mind having parts of the story spoiled.

QA for huge AAA projects is the responsibility of the publisher. Since there is not publisher for Eternity I think Obsidian can finally make it relatively bug free. Also, do take note, that Eternity is made on Onyx (probably) using their tools - and that means easier testing and reducing bugs by the team.

Edited by Henrar