PCs INFLUENCE and SPECIAL PLACE

I'm a D&D and Pathfinder enthusiast. I'm also a megalomaniac that likes to control nations, towns and people.

So when RPG games like Baldur's Gate 2 and Neverwinter Nights 2 offered a control over a castle and some of its features I flipped from joy.

I would like to see such an option in the Project Eternity, but like in BG2 I wouldn't want it to be a part of the main plot. I want to earn the privilage of owning/ruling/runing a establishment/keep/castle type thing. I want there to be multiple possibilites of losing that special place to various game elements like robbers, political scheeming or downright overthrowing of power, AND I want that, if such a scenario does happen, I'm able to finish the game's main quest and watch one of the many possible endings depicted with a drawing + narration, like in NwN 2: Mask of Betrayer.

One of the Stretch goals in the Kickstarter is a customisable house, so there's a start.

But more then the my wish upstairs I want see how my character INFLUENCES the World. By allying himself to one goverment he makes enemies with the rebels, or vice versa.

I would like to see multiple paths that allow you to join organizations, good or evil, and with care end up on top of those organizations.

That influence is what would allow you to say become a "Owner of a Dwarven Holdfast" or "Founder of a Elven House", not just in title but with responsobilities (managing the affairs of your special place as noted at the start of the post) and new quest linking to it.

Playing Characters are, more often then not, true Heroes that change the world (or at least the country they're in).

A small Fortress would be a nice way to display their power and growing legend. :grin:

It would be cool with a "Balance of Power"- type minigame for managing your castle.. (I hope you've played Balance of Power!).

Edited by Rostere

"Well, overkill is my middle name. And my last name. And all of my other names as well!"

But more then the my wish upstairs I want see how my character INFLUENCES the World. By allying himself to one goverment he makes enemies with the rebels, or vice versa.

I would like to see multiple paths that allow you to join organizations, good or evil, and with care end up on top of those organizations.

Or possibly enslave entire nations with necromancy.

Nice ideas but I think they are a bit beyond the scope of this game. Are you sure you do not want to play Crusader Kings or something?

Say no to popamole!

As long as it's not possible to achieve every hold/keep/stronghold in the same playthrough. It always bothered me in the more recent Elder Scrolls games that you could be the head of the Assassins Guild, Mages Guild, Thieves Guild and Fighters Guild/Companions not only with the same character but at the same time! Basically, I think the only way you should be able to get a castle of your own is to burn down somebody else's.

I remember an interview about New Vegas that discussed game sales in terms of replayability. I recall a line that said that mutually exclusive plotlines/quests made players excited to do future playthroughs to see content they couldn't access the first time through. I think this 'special place' suggestion is an area to apply this philosophy.

Found the article: http://www.gamespot.com/news/obsidian-on-the-right-way-to-fight-used-game-sales-6343997

• Like 1

As long as it's not possible to achieve every hold/keep/stronghold in the same playthrough. It always bothered me in the more recent Elder Scrolls games that you could be the head of the Assassins Guild, Mages Guild, Thieves Guild and Fighters Guild/Companions not only with the same character but at the same time! Basically, I think the only way you should be able to get a castle of your own is to burn down somebody else's.

I remember an interview about New Vegas that discussed game sales in terms of replayability. I recall a line that said that mutually exclusive plotlines/quests made players excited to do future playthroughs to see content they couldn't access the first time through. I think this 'special place' suggestion is an area to apply this philosophy.

Found the article: http://www.gamespot....e-sales-6343997

Thank you sir! You wrote down exactly what I wanted to say, but was unable to get out of my addled brian :wowey: