The War Z

Seems like it has some potential to be a pretty good game judging from the article. From the sound of the devs, it appears that they want to make a product that will people will want for a price they'll pay. Or it's nice to hear devs talk about a price point other than $60, at least.

http://www.ign.com/a...perience?page=1

I can't seem to find an official site for the game however, but I'm expecting one will go up soon.

Is it bad, that just from this article, I want to pre-order the game already to get into the beta when it comes out? I have thoughts of trying out Day Z, however the idea of an actual development team, as compared to one guy modding another game, seems more intriguing and long standing. No offense to Rocket, it appears he's done quite a lot with it, but this one will probably help me hold off buying Arma just to play a zombie survival game.

Site is now live http://thewarz.com/

Edited by SadExchange

well, I should probably tell you that there actually is a dev team, that's working on DayZ. rocket is working for Bohemia Interactive anyway, and some of the guys there help him out with ArmA2's source code from time to time. rocket is planning to make DayZ a stand-alone game.

as to your doubts whether or not you should buy ArmA2 just to play this mod: yes, you should. because a) it's cheap ($12), b) ArmA2 is a very solid MP-shooter on its own, c) you seem to like zombie games, and DayZ is the best zombie game currently.

War Z looks awful judging by those screenshots, but it's still very early to tell.

Walsingham said:

I was struggling to understand ths until I noticed you are from Finland. And having been educated solely by mkreku in this respect I am convinced that Finland essentially IS the wh40k universe.

Obvious DayZ copy. :>

I am totally not interested in it. DayZ was interesting for like two weeks, but now it is boring me to death too (because you don't do much in the game other than randomly running around and farming items). And... well... I personally don't need any other MMO stuff right now anyway.

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

• 1 month later...

I am totally not interested in it. DayZ was interesting for like two weeks, but now it is boring me to death too (because you don't do much in the game other than randomly running around and farming items). And... well... I personally don't need any other MMO stuff right now anyway.

I believe War Z was in development before DayZ was even out. Not sure what the birth date of either was - but WarZ at E3 mentioned that it was happy Day Z confirmed that the game they were building had a fan base already.

I believe War Z was in development before DayZ was even out. Not sure what the birth date of either was - but WarZ at E3 mentioned that it was happy Day Z confirmed that the game they were building had a fan base already.

Not quite true. This has been debunked several times. It was in development as some kind of wargame, WarInc, but when DayZ became a massive success, they quickly retooled their game to ride on the free hype.

http://dayzmod.com/forum/index.php?/topic/80445-fact-warz-is-the-biggest-liar-in-gaming-history/

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

And it makes the most sense. The timeframe from DayZ release -> WarZ announcement is way too short to produce a whole new game ready for release in the sooner future. So yeah, they obviously changed the original game when DayZ got the huge hype. While it seems pretty cheap (because it looks extremely similar in features and everything), I still think it was a good move for them... this WarInc material looks rather bad and probably would have failed hard. In the form of WarZ, it might have a chance and also works as direct competition to DayZ, which in return means, we might get higher quality products.

I am still not much interested in it, though. :>

And apparently WarZ will feature microtransactions, e.g. money for wapons (which you still lose on death). Let's see how this will turn out.

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."