Welcome to Obsidian Forum Community
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Prevent_Surkov's_Escape: will it ever be fixed?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

Zerias

Zerias

(0) Nub

• Members
  • 1 posts
There's a rather annoying bug in Alpha Protocol where the final Moscow Mission, Prevent_Surkov's_Escape, won't show up when a player tries to leave the Moscow safe-house. The particular bug in question doesn't appear to be unknown: http://alphaprotocol...7s_Escape#Notes

It's also been around a while given the date when the bug was entered on the wiki: http://alphaprotocol...t...&oldid=8212 :: Revision as of 11:28, August 25, 2010

Does Obsidian have a ... emphasis here... GOOD explanation for why this bug hasn't been patched yet?

Blodhemn

Blodhemn

(6) Magician

• Members
  • 797 posts
I just started to put some time in this game after putting it on hold for a while, and wow I can't even get passed the "Intercept Surkov" mission due to a desktop crash when I goto open the elevator. I don't know what it is, I mean I used to get the occasional crash but in several spots surrounding Moscow I'm hit with just a lot of crashes. I might have to restart the game, I'm not sure. It absolutely sucks because I was loving this game, now I don't know if I'll be able to finish it. Sucks that you can't even enjoy a rare game that sparks your interest.

Blodhemn

Blodhemn

(6) Magician

• Members
  • 797 posts
I fixed my crash issues by making the exe "XP SP3 compatible". That's the first time that fix has ever worked for me. Sorry though, Prevent_Surkov's_Escape didn't bug up for me - so, no help there.

I'm loving this game - hope Obsidian releases another one with atleast this style character interaction. It's great.

Hassat Hunter

Hassat Hunter

Royal Bug Catcher of the Obsidian Order

• Members
  • 5992 posts
  • Pillars of Eternity Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer
Blame SEGA.

All they allowed was a single small patch. Which is damn hard to find to boot...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users