Getting Cheat Codes to Work

Is there anyone ouut there who can please tell me how to enable the cheats codes?? I have done the following and they still wont work:

Gone into the ini. file and typed in EnableCheats=1 directly under the Game Options name.

Saved the file in another location as I have Windows 7 and could not make direct changes to the notepad. Pasted and overwrote the original ini. file. EnableCheats=1 is now part of the ini. file.

While in game I have pressed the `~ key by itself. No dice. Pressed the `~ key in along with every combination of the spacebar and enter buttons imaginable. No dice.

Can someone please tell me what I am doing wrong here??? Thanks so much.

I'm not sure why anybody would want to use cheat codes, the game is rather easy as is :no:

Anyway, I'm not sure that it actually shows you a "console" when hitting the '~' key. Did you try just typing in just '~' and then one of the codes (eg 'bright') followed by enter?

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

I'm not sure why anybody would want to use cheat codes, the game is rather easy as is :no:

Anyway, I'm not sure that it actually shows you a "console" when hitting the '~' key. Did you try just typing in just '~' and then one of the codes (eg 'bright') followed by enter?

Yes I have tried that. After hitting the ~ key, whenever I hit a hot button, the applicable screen comes up. For example, after hitting the ~ key and I hit the "j" key, the journal come up. Uggghhhhh, I am not sure why this is not working. I have read every forum I can find and tried just about everything such as entering EnableCheatOptions=1 instead of the EnableCheats=1......still nothing.

If you really want to know, go into swkotor2.ini and under game options (I think, been a while since I used cheats) put in EnableCheats=1, not EnableCheatOptions=1. Then when you're in game, if you want an item in your inventory you have to type "giveitem" then put in the item code for example "giveitem a_light_01" then press enter and you should get that item.

deicideLogo5.jpg

If you really want to know, go into swkotor2.ini and under game options (I think, been a while since I used cheats) put in EnableCheats=1, not EnableCheatOptions=1. Then when you're in game, if you want an item in your inventory you have to type "giveitem" then put in the item code for example "giveitem a_light_01" then press enter and you should get that item.

I figured out that the EnableCgeats=1 has to be under the "compatability" files....not the file under the programs86. i am all set now guys. Thanks for the help.

It would be a lot easier to use a save game editor.

War is Peace, Freedom is Slavery, Ignorance is Strength

Baldur's Gate modding
TeamBG
Baldur's Gate modder/community leader
Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition beta tester
Baldur's Gate 2 - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Icewind Dale - Enhanced Edition beta tester