Support for Graphics Card?

Miyuzaki

I just recently bought a new MacBook Pro to use at college, and I have VMware installed on it so I can run PC programs. About a month or so ago, I bought Neverwinter Nights 2 from the Steam store and was playing it on a temporary computer before I got my new one. I was not aware that Apple switched from Nvidia to Intel graphics cards this year. Unfortunately, I am now unable to play NwN2 on my computer. Is it possible that, sometime in the future, Obsidian could start supporting Intel graphics cards?

Not likely. Intel's graphics cards aren't really graphics cards at all. It's more like.. a chip for the bare necessities for showing graphics. They do not support the more advanced 3D graphics instruction sets or standards, the kinds that most advanced computer games demand.

What you should be asking is: when will Intel start manufacturing real graphics cards that support the standard 3D graphics libraries?

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

I remember encountering this problem years and years ago. THQ customer support annoyed the **** off me by being increbily superior about my 'mistake'.

So, commiserations.

Practically speaking, however, you're ****ed. You need a dedicated graphics card.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.