Sign in to follow this  
ArcaneHoplite

Camera Angle - Help Needed.

I signed up to say that there *are* ways around this, on PC. Unfortunately nothing for consoles, that I know of, but at least this is *something*.

To use: You can either grab a modified executable from a certain torrent site, or you can grab the "cheatengine" program and use a cheat that includes a camera hack. I opted for the last method and it works flawlessly. A bit of googling should get results.

Sure, there is a pop in and we see things we're not supposed to. Like unfinished terrain and what not, but enemies can now be seen AND engaged as they approach. Life as a ranged character is much more enjoyable as a result. No more feeling blind and annoyed.

Reviewers have hated on the dumb camera, people have complained about it, and "official folks" have claimed nothing could be done, but I am very happy that someone did something and it worked :D

If anyone is interested in this still, I could add some screenshots.

@CameraLuv : You're absolutely right ! I'm now playing this game with a camera hack (I own a legal copy obviously) and having a lot of fun.

I've owned Dugeon Siege 3 for several years and couldn't get past this atrocious camera angle. I had shelved the game with no hope of ever playing it again. And then I found your post and I searched for solutions on the net once more, And I was successful !

With a camera hack the game is really great (sure there are a few quirks but since you can adjust your camera at anytime, they're not problematic) and I really enjoy the story so far.

Let it be a lesson to developers (and I mean this in a constructive way) : listen to your fans and give them options - don't restrict your game, specially when it comes to the pc version.

Without this hack/mod I wouldn't have appreciated the hard work you've put in this game.

I had given up on the Dungeon Siege franchise, but now there's hope at least that if a new episode comes out, we'll get some real playability (please, no more restrictive camera...).