I'm too sexy for my society

Walsingham

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/family/8559534/...omplaining.html

Thought LoF might enjoy this, given his recent thread about too much sex in video games. Basically, complaints about overtly sexual images being used all over the place.

I suppose it also ties into the other thread about child development and identity. Sexuality is obviously fundamental to an adult's identity, but prematurely inserting that metric into a young child's view of themselves? Ick.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

When I was 7 I often fantasized about the spice girls clad in leather and locked in a sex dungeon. Just thought I'd share that :ermm:

, yet despite a healthy curiosity I really didn't have that many notions about the subject.

I'm however sure that the societal treatment of sex it's much worse than the exposition, it only sends the message that sex it's immoral, wrong, evil. It can only lead to excesses or repressions on those who bought all the talk.

There is a limit, I think that's drawn in between exposure and participation. Although I think that the models for sexual identity are changing specially with a generation that's grown with the over-idealized version of a sex symbol which has supplanted talent and charm.

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

The only reason why we try to keep sex secret from out kids is because we dont want them to start playing creepy games in kindergarten.

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

I'm surprised by how much stuff the ConDemned party is doing that I agree with, it's good that people are being encouraged to take action themselves rather than delegating powers to some kind of ruling body, the Telegraph appears to be pushing for "teeth" but I'm of the opinion that after ten years of New Labour we've got enough laws to keep us busy for now.

*cynical edit* I should add that I totally expect this to **** up or fizzle out but I'm jaded -_-

Edited by WDeranged

Guest The Architect

Too sexy for my society? Oh yeah, I know the feeling. ****ing boganville Western Australia, I make a much better Italian.

Mind you I thin an equal if not greater damage is done by all this premature testing done on kids. Sends powerful ****ed up messages that you are only what can go into a multiple choice answer sheet. I say ban both.

And bring back proper curly wurlys.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.