Ultimate international slang thread

Monte Carlo

Hello again.

I have heard some good slang recently. On the tube the other day all these kids were going on about their "Beebies" which by a process of masterful deduction I worked out were 'B-Bs' i.e. Blackberry mobile devices.

I also, originally, hail from East London (although obviousy I now live in some style in the Southwest of town, as befits a man of my luck). My father therefore inducted me into the rhyming slang hall of fame, my favourite of which is 'Aris' (for arse) because it's double-rhyming slang, i.e. aris-totle = bottle / bottle & glass = arse.

So, given that many of you are from exotic, faraway lands (like Belgium) please share your favourite regional slang. Also, internet and gaming slang amuses me, please feel free to post examples of this too. Eventually we will develop our own bizarre off-topic forum slang language, like Droogs (the book, love, not the silly film) and nobody else will understand our argot.

Cheers

MC

sonsofgygax.JPG

I've always been fond of the term 'graunch'. This means a kind of grinding and wrenching. I've only heard two people use it other than me.

One I invented the other day was 'malfoon'. It means someone who is essentially a buffoon, but in addition positively dangerous to others.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

One that always amused me was "monopoly" to refer to attractive girls you suddenly realise were not the appropriate age.

Developed due to the twin universities in the city producing large amounts of pretty girls in skimpy summerwear. Which while enjoyable has the watchful eye balancing out the number of all girl schools in the area.. so whenever there was some form of half-term or so, you could never be sure if the attractive girl was another university student or some under-age girl dressed up just like the legal-age students.

Also the way that a lot of nightclubs in a student heavy town don't always check id on pretty girls.

There's something very disconcerting about meeting a lass in a club, drinking , sharing a few dances and then she casually mentions something about studying for her GCSE's... ;)

Hence "that girl is monopoly" - Do not pass go, do not collect 200 quid, go directly to jail.

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

Hence "that girl is monopoly" - Do not pass go, do not collect 200 quid, go directly to jail.

;):)

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.