Significant Player Characters

Calax

Well, if you only voice those who are major characters and leave a lot of the incidental dialogue as text, you may be able to set up simple triggers based on the advancement of the plot where you go from no-name to saint.

Or even if it's voiced just one or two lines extra for each shopkeeper and generic would work WONDERS (assuming you set it up so that NPC's recognized you)

Viable choice, I actually though of that for a model of compromise between length and content. I would take it a step further and make those few characters central to the story so that everything is experienced besides them and that "cinematic" feel remains present.

Actually I've been playing through FO:NV now and I've noticed how NPCs are beginning to react to my fame. There are some hiccups here and there, but I actually think Obz implemented this fame system pretty well.

No surprise there Bethesda has been doing that since TES where you had a few voice overs and lines of dialog for every NPC and a passing remark once you passed certain checks (e.g. The Knights of the Nine) FO:NV was probably featured the most of this, specially with the reputation system and the companions acknowledging certain events.

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif