DSIII at GDC 2011

Secret location, eh? What do we, the paying customers, get out of this?

It's like an industry within an industry, and I don't like it.

Secret locations are nothing new when it comes to showing games at events. I would imagine we will get a bunch of new previews talking about multiplayer aspects of the game....

Hate the living, love the dead.

Secret location, eh? What do we, the paying customers, get out of this?

It's like an industry within an industry, and I don't like it.

I blame Square Enix. I'm a fan of their games, but their unwillingness to show off their games to the public can at times be maddening. Search for Closed Mega Theatre on Google to see what I mean.

DSII thread at SAF

I got to play this at GDC, and it was fun. Combat's what you'd expect from a hack and slasher, but it looked really nice, and had nifty conversations with fully voiced protagonists and stuff. You can be a jerk if you want.

Kinda feels like they're going for Dragon Age lite, which is good for me, because games like Dragon Age have too much fiddly crap for me to deal with.

The multiplayer is neat but I'm not really allowed to say anything else about that until an embargo lifts.

edit: I should add that I was playing with an Xbox controller and it seemed perfectly reasonable to play that way. In fact, I'd say I preferred it to clicking on junk.

off-topic: Anyway, I don't remember Chapman's nickname at SAF.

Can't wait to see local multiplayer! This is the most important part of the game for me. My brother also likes these kind of games, so we will be playing together.

I played DS1 multiplayer offline a fair bit. It'll be interesting to see what this offers if anything. I know there's the whole Co-Op thing happening but that's only good if you've got a friend or three to play this with who don't mind what sort of character they play. Personally I'm hoping there's a multiplayer option reminisicent of DS1 - Create your character (even if they're based on the character 'classes'), and explore a huge multiplayer specific map. No word yet on this being an option of course so I won't hold my breath. No freeplay would reduce the life expectancy of the game.