Catholic marchers turn on Glastonbury pagans

Thorton_AP

Which is surely the number one reason the internet is so crappy. Because people don't think it should be any better.

Well people are crappy, so there we are. Mostly though the snide digs and aura of self importance does seem common here and everywhere, not that there's anything wrong with that making a 'solid' community that cares about others (as odd as that is for text on a screen, anyway :()

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Even the Crusades were a response to the crumbling of the Byzantine Empire.

And the inquisition? That was misunderstood as well in your mind I suppose too. Bible bleeding hearts like you are a dime a dozen from my travels. Always making up rationals for atrocities committed by (their) faith/organized religion.

Only a religious bleeding heart or/and one blind eye kind of person would say that IMO. History is pretty clear, black and white, of what the church has done. And IMO its ills VASTLY out weigh its benefit. If you do not agree fine, to each their own.

Yes, you're so right. Modern religion is so evil compared to ancient paganism. Like that horrid Pax Dei movement, which was so nasty by comparison to ancient Egyptian beliefs that it was a good to spread fear of the king throughout the foreign lands (cf: Old & Middle Kingdom Egyptian clich

Edited by Darth InSidious

This particularly rapid, unintelligible patter isn't generally heard, and if it is, it doesn't matter.

I dunno, sure he's potentially a hypocrite, but supposing somebody like that were non-religious instead, you'd have to start taking some of his points seriously. How would that make you feel?

I don't think he's a hypocrite because of his religion or beliefs, it's the because of the way he conducts himself.

edit: Maybe there is a better term than hypocrite? I think there is, but I'm tired and I can't think of one.

Edited by Hurlshot

I'm pretty sure he's gone, guys. That's another part of his MO, when more than a few people start to tell him about his hypocrisy, he disappears for awhile.

Which I suppose is a bonus for us.

You can't read can you, I really think you are dense more times then not. Once again I gave up because you rather go the personal attack route the address the points I made. That's always your MO when you don't like ones opinion or view point. You stop addressing the topic and go after the poster so why should I bother? I asked you more then once if you felt my list was unfair to correct it so we can discuss it. But being hurl you just decided to degrade into personal attacks while standing on your soapbox patting yourself on the back.

Yes I can be arrogant myself, I am a Leo after all and the irony didn't except me when posting that :( FYI

World of Darkness News

http://www.wodnews.net

---

"I cannot profess to be a theologian; but it seems to me that Christians who believe in a super human Satan have got themselves into a logical impasse with regard to their own religion. For either God can not prevent the mischief of Satan, in which case he is not omnipotent; or else He could do so if he wished, but will not, in which case He is not benevolent. Fortunately, being a pagan witch, I am not called upon to solve this problem."

- Doreen Valiente