The reason DS1/LOA were legend and the rest were failures.

I was there for the start of DS1, LOA and even DS2(which ruined dungeon siege). I have played every game you can imagine and DS will always be my first real PC game and as nerdy as it sounds it changed my life. I learned more playing that game and from the people playing it than I did living in the small country town i was in at the time.

Thats saying alot when you know I have played WoW,BF2,LotrO,COD2/4 and many others.

The main failures of DS2 were the fact that the character count/servers were completely nerfed. PVP was removed(come on what genius came up with the idea to remove that?) the world was FAR more closed off. By closed off I mean it seemed like any other game, the reason DS1 and LOA were great games was because the map was huge and you could pretty much go anywhere, you didnt have the guided trail feeling.

Another huge reason DS2 was a failure was again the lack of PVP/Less Players per server but also the fact that you game little editing recources for editors/mod/map makers. When I got bored with DS1 after 8 months I spent YEARS editing it, making new characters and spending time with other editors on custom maps. It was fun and gave the game a great replay value.

Finally the last 2 failures of DS2. NO chat system. DS1 had a great Chat Room where you could create chatrooms and just talk with people so when you were tired of gaming but wanted to talk to friends there it was. It was an excellent ADDED feature. Now it may seem like extra work,time and just another shiny object but little things like that really make all the difference.

Switching to gamespy was a HUGE mistake.

We dont want a different game, a "large new story" is nice but DONT FIX WHAT AINT BROKEN. We want DS1 back with new graphics and new places to explore. You can keep the odd ideas of no PVP,Gamespy and Less Player count for another game.

Well just my thought, I feel the DS name has been ruined as the franchise has been passed from company to company and the games continue to get more and more crappy. DS1 was great, LOA was just as good. All that followed was crap, DS2 was a fair game but didnt deserve the same name.

Thanks for reading, its not much to work off of but..

I loved the PVP, the different open areas you could visit(Ocean,Mines,Rivers,Forest,Snow Covered mountains) and of course editing the game. I think if you bring it back and actually take time with this game it could be good.

DS1, DS2 and BW are GPG.

LoA is Mad Doc.

Anyways... I agreed with removing PVP, it totally sucked in DS1. Gamespy was a bad move though.

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

Formerly known as BattleWookiee/BattleCookiee

One day, DS1 will have a remake. Im sure of it. Same happened to be favorite franchise before DS1: Age of Empires. They ruined the entire franchise, and I was hoping for a remake years ago, but everyone kept saying: nah they won't do it. And now we have: AoE: Online. It brought back the same feeling it had back in 1998. I played the demo at the gamescom, and it was really magical. I felt like the same kid back in 1998 when I discovered AoE.

DS1 was also a top-quality game. Just keep in mind, DS3 is not a remake, so don't compare everything of it with DS1. It is a new game, and Obsidian is doing it's best to deliver a good RPG. If there are a few little things that remind us about DS1, I will be a happy man.

Reasons why Dungeon Siege is NOT a Diablo clone:

- DS has multicharacter parties.

- DS doesn't have boring pre-defined classes, but the players develop the characters.

- DS has packmules!

- DS has a huge map without any loading bars between areas, even when teleporting!

- DS has 10.000+ spells, and even more items!

There's a new AoE?

Like AoE, AoE 2 beat it clear out of the water though. AoE 3 was just... no.

IMO.

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

Formerly known as BattleWookiee/BattleCookiee

There's a new AoE?

IMO.

Yup, see: www.ageofempiresonline.com

I played the demo at the gamescom, the gameplay is exactly like AoE2, 4 resources (stone is back) and gather points are in use again, and you can garrison units in towers :D.

But we are getting offtopic now!

- DS doesn't have boring pre-defined classes, but the players develop the characters.

- DS has packmules!

- DS has a huge map without any loading bars between areas, even when teleporting!

I was there for the start of DS1, LOA and even DS2(which ruined dungeon siege). I have played every game you can imagine and DS will always be my first real PC game and as nerdy as it sounds it changed my life. I learned more playing that game and from the people playing it than I did living in the small country town i was in at the time.

Thats saying alot when you know I have played WoW,BF2,LotrO,COD2/4 and many others.

The main failures of DS2 were the fact that the character count/servers were completely nerfed. PVP was removed(come on what genius came up with the idea to remove that?) the world was FAR more closed off. By closed off I mean it seemed like any other game, the reason DS1 and LOA were great games was because the map was huge and you could pretty much go anywhere, you didnt have the guided trail feeling.

Another huge reason DS2 was a failure was again the lack of PVP/Less Players per server but also the fact that you game little editing recources for editors/mod/map makers. When I got bored with DS1 after 8 months I spent YEARS editing it, making new characters and spending time with other editors on custom maps. It was fun and gave the game a great replay value.

Finally the last 2 failures of DS2. NO chat system. DS1 had a great Chat Room where you could create chatrooms and just talk with people so when you were tired of gaming but wanted to talk to friends there it was. It was an excellent ADDED feature. Now it may seem like extra work,time and just another shiny object but little things like that really make all the difference.

Switching to gamespy was a HUGE mistake.

We dont want a different game, a "large new story" is nice but DONT FIX WHAT AINT BROKEN. We want DS1 back with new graphics and new places to explore. You can keep the odd ideas of no PVP,Gamespy and Less Player count for another game.

Well just my thought, I feel the DS name has been ruined as the franchise has been passed from company to company and the games continue to get more and more crappy. DS1 was great, LOA was just as good. All that followed was crap, DS2 was a fair game but didnt deserve the same name.

Thanks for reading, its not much to work off of but..

I loved the PVP, the different open areas you could visit(Ocean,Mines,Rivers,Forest,Snow Covered mountains) and of course editing the game. I think if you bring it back and actually take time with this game it could be good.

DS3 has completely different mechanics to DS1 and DS2, and is by a completely different company.

There's a new AoE?

IMO.

I played the demo at the gamescom, the gameplay is exactly like AoE2, 4 resources (stone is back) and gather points are in use again, and you can garrison units in towers :D.

True, but it sounds interesting what you are bringing up.

Back on topic, I liked DS1 and DS2. I don't feel DS2 destroyed the franchise, and in fact feel it built it to be better for the SP portion. There are some things I probably would have changed for the MP portion, but I still think it was a really good game.

There's a new AoE?

IMO.

Back on topic, I liked DS1 and DS2. I don't feel DS2 destroyed the franchise, and in fact feel it built it to be better for the SP portion. There are some things I probably would have changed for the MP portion, but I still think it was a really good game.

DS2 wasn't a bad game, but the multiplayer was weak, after 2 plays, I was played out. In DS1, I found a secret area I have never seen before a few months ago. I still occassionally play DS1, I haven't touched DS2 for 2 years now.

- DS has packmules!

There's a new AoE?

IMO.

DS2 wasn't a bad game, but the multiplayer was weak, after 2 plays, I was played out. In DS1, I found a secret area I have never seen before a few months ago. I still occassionally play DS1, I haven't touched DS2 for 2 years now.

Ironically I'm more of the opposite. I'll occasionally pick up DS2, but I haven't actually played DS1 in a while. I tried to pick it up a few weeks ago...that lasted all of about an hour. LOA...probably will never touch that again. I think I may have even tossed that one away to tell the truth. If I didn't, I don't know where it is. Didn't like ANY of the DS expansions that have been made. 1 or 2.

I'll probably touch DS1 occasionally, but hardly as much as I'll play through DS2. DS1 is great for the music, and MP, which is where DS2 fails...but DS2 is better for overall gameplay in my book.

I think I had explored almost all of the DS1 areas pretty quickly. They had more for MP however...but the SP game really was boring for me after the first play through. Probably because it played itself FAR more than 2 did...it was like watching a bunch of people do everything instead of you. Interesting idea at first, but then very boring. You COULD get that in DS2 with the proper settings, but I really didn't like it in DS1 soooooooo.....

I know, you could jump around in DS1...but after the tenth time of trying to reign everyone in, or having to run away simply so you could get everyone to regroup around you instead of running off like chickens with their heads cut off...it annoyed me to say the least. I preferred parties of solo (myself) if playing the other campaigns without MP...simply because of the party dynamics in DS1. MAYBE, MAYBE one companion.