Interesting article on the game industry

Wrath of Dagon

I think the fundamental problem in the game industry is that most games cost more than they're ever likely to bring back in revenues.

When I hear games like Crysis selling a million copies and didn't make any money, then something is seriously wrong with the company or industry.

But then you can buy games now that are cheaper than they were 10-15 years ago. eg. Starcraft II is selling as low as AU$69.00 from retail shops but 10-15 years ago, games were being sold around the $90-100.00 mark and it was rare to see a new release sell under AU$90.00.

Don't like it quit it.And, if it goes too far, have the guts tio take it court. Otherwise, go cry elsewhere.

Game companies are not unqiue to this kind of experience.

I agree somewhat. I've worked for some psycho managers in the past. Fortunately, I've moved on from those multi-national companies and now working for a small company that have great staff. I never understand why people put up with so much for so long.

Don't like it quit it.And, if it goes too far, have the guts tio take it court. Otherwise, go cry elsewhere.

Game companies are not unqiue to this kind of experience.

I agree somewhat. I've worked for some psycho managers in the past. Fortunately, I've moved on from those multi-national companies and now working for a small company that have great staff. I never understand why people put up with so much for so long.

Fear of change.

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif