Localized Subtitles

Somehow I have troubles to follow the storyline in the german localization, the subtitles just fly by. Most of the time you only get 3 to 4 words at a time printed on screen and since the conversations are so fast paced it feels more like a little blinking show.

The idea to give the impression of a fast paced conversation through short texts is a little counter productive, especially when translated from english to german.

When you grasp the whole meaning of a sentence the time for dialog options is almost used up already.

Somehow I have troubles to follow the storyline in the german localization, the subtitles just fly by. Most of the time you only get 3 to 4 words at a time printed on screen and since the conversations are so fast paced it feels more like a little blinking show.

The idea to give the impression of a fast paced conversation through short texts is a little counter productive, especially when translated from english to german.

When you grasp the whole meaning of a sentence the time for dialog options is almost used up already.

Suffice to say I only relied on the spoken words. If your English isn't good and you need to read the subtitles then you're really in a disadvantage.

It's odd - the subtitles are broken up into 'chunks', and the size of these chunks seem to be dictated mechanically, not manually. That means sometimes you get odd stuff like

this happening in the

middle of a tete-a-

tete.

There are some sync problems, especially when theres a TV on and people talking at the same time, but generally it isn't a massive problem for me. I imagine it's worse with localisation. :ermm:

This is really is a problem.

I can understand English pretty fine... but if I don't get everything the subtitles really do not help and so it's hard to follow the storyline as Lestrade already said.

[...] especially when theres a TV on and people talking at the same time, but generally it isn't a massive problem for me.

Same here. This is a problem, but not a big one. Less priority, if you ask me.

Companion Cube of the Obsidian Order

Need a companion? Or a cube? Join the Order now!